Western NC Shootout IV at South Caldwell HS (3/19/11)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
schsquizbowl
Lulu

Western NC Shootout IV at South Caldwell HS (3/19/11)

Post by schsquizbowl »

South Caldwell High School invites you to compete in the Western NC Shootout. The Western NC Shootout is an official NAQT event using IS-102 and will follow the rules posted on http://www.naqt.com. To ensure a timely tournament, we will be using timed halves of 11-12 minutes for the preliminary rounds and untimed 20-question rounds for the playoffs. The format will probably be round-robin followed by a championship bracket, but adjustments may be made depending on the number of participating teams. Every team is guaranteed at least 6 rounds of play.

Registration structure is $60 for first team and a question set and $50 for additional teams with additional discounts for buzzers systems and early payment. There is no limit on the number of teams that one school can bring, but I will cap the field based on tournament resources so schools planning to bring multiple teams are strongly recommeded to commit to providing buzzer systems. Otherwise, I may not be able to accommodate their request for additional slots in the tournament field.

Registration will be held in the South Caldwell High School student lobby beginning at 8:30 AM. A brief rules meeting will begin promptly at 9:00 AM followed by the first 3-4 matches. After lunch, there will be 3 additional matches, the awards ceremony, and then the championship match. Interested schools can find more detailed information and an online registration form at http://sc.caldwellschools.com/education ... lid=27527&
Jonathan Haas
South Caldwell HS Quiz Bowl
lobsterquiche
Kimahri

Re: Western NC Shootout IV at South Caldwell HS (3/19/11)

Post by lobsterquiche »

Thanks Mr. Haas and the South Caldwell QB Team for hosting a smooth tournament today; we had a great time and will definitely try to attend next year's shootout.
Alex
Enloe High School Class of 2011
rchschem
Yuna

Post by rchschem »

Results? Enquiring minds want to know.
Eric Grunden, Research Triangle High School/NCATA
kamikaze
Rikku

Post by kamikaze »

rchschem wrote:Results? Enquiring minds want to know.
Enloe came in 1st over Early College at Guilford in a very impressive final round. They won by a considerable margin of 200+ points with only Natan and Alex representing Enloe. Cave Spring A won 3rd over Carrboro A (I think). Cave Spring B, the JV team, won the JV championship. Mr. Haas mentioned that the stats would be given to us some time today.
Bob Powers
Blacksburg High School
(2022 - ?) Tournament Director, Blacksburg HS
(2021 - 2022) Scholastic Bowl coach, Eastern Montgomery HS
(2005 - 2020) Scholastic Bowl coach, Cave Spring HS
smithp5
Wakka

Post by smithp5 »

I must say that this one of the best run tournaments that I've been to. The staff was incredibly accommodating, the field was tough, and the questions were excellent. Natan and Alex of Enloe A are both exceptional players and should be commended along with Cave Spring and Carrboro who were wonderful competitors as they have been all year. Guilford looks forward to the tournament next year!
Paul Smith
Coach, The Early College at Guilford