Sacramento Winter Tournament, 1/27/13

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Sacramento Winter Tournament, 1/27/13

Post by Important Bird Area »

Rio Americano High School is pleased to announce that the Sacramento Winter Tournament will take place on Sunday, January 27, 2013.

Location: This tournament will take place at Rio Americano High School, 4540 American River Drive, Sacramento, CA.

Questions: We will be using the 2012-13 SCOP Novice set. (For practice material similar to the questions we will use at the tournament, please consider the 2011-12 SCOP set.)

Eligibility: All high schools (public, private, charter, religious, homeschool, etc.) are eligible to play in this event.

Schools are encouraged to enter multiple teams, but please note that players must play for the same team throughout the tournament.

note: this is a novice-level tournament for Sacramento-area teams. Teams from the Bay Area should contact the tournament director before registering.

Fees:

Base fee: $40 per team

-$10 second or subsequent team from the same school

-$10 working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

-$20 experienced moderator

-$10 scorekeeper (We will hold a brief training session during check-in for those volunteers who have never kept score before.)

Minimum fee per team: $0.

Payment will be taken at check-in on January 27th. Please make checks out to "Jeff Hoppes."

How to register: please contact the tournament director, Jeff Hoppes (jeff.hoppes (at) gmail.com), on or before Wednesday, January 23, 2013, indicating how many teams, buzzers, and scorekeepers your school plans to bring.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Re: Sacramento Winter Tournament, 1/27/13

Registration is now closed.

Registered (8):

Davis
Franklin
Insert Name Here
Mira Loma A
Mira Loma B
Rio Americano A
Rio Americano B
Sacramento Country Day

Last updated 1/26 --JTH
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Details for tomorrow have been sent to the teams. Registration will open at 9:30 am in room B-8.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

Important Bird Area

Congratulations to Mira Loma A, which defeated (Insert Name Here) 380-230 in a one-game final to win the 2013 Sacramento Winter Tournament!

Our tournament all-stars were Hoon Min (Mira Loma), Carter Brown (Sacramento Country Day), Sameer Punia (Mira Loma), and Michael Broghammer (Insert Name Here).

Complete team and individual statistics are here.

Thanks to everyone who made this tournament possible:

-our host Todd Freund of Rio Americano High School

-our moderators Nicholas Karas, Andy Nguy, and Yifan Zhang of Berkeley

-Kristin Strey and her team at Northern Illinois University for an excellent question set

We look forward to seeing everyone at upcoming tournaments later this spring, both in Sacramento and in the Bay Area! (next up: February 10th at Berkeley)
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF