Carleton Supermoon Tournament -- Dec 2 in Ottawa, ON

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
bmcke
Wakka

Carleton Supermoon Tournament -- Dec 2 in Ottawa, ON

Post by bmcke »

I'll be running a high-school quizbowl tournament with Carleton University on Saturday, December 2, 2017. We will use a Canadian edition of the NAQT 169-A set.

The tournament will start at 10 AM on the Carleton campus, on the first floor of Patterson Hall. My plan is to have the official tournament be only 7 or so rounds plus finals, but then to make some scrimmage rounds available to all players after the tournament. We'll also provide schools with copies of any unused packets.

Fees and discounts:
$60 for a school's first team
$45 for other teams
-$10 for bringing working buzzers
-$5 for bringing staff

You can register teams by emailing me at [email protected]. Please have all teams, staff, and buzzers registered on the Thursday (November 30) before the tournament.

This event is replacing the Ottawa Quizbowl Tournament for 2017. This tournament and Lisgar Novice in November are likely to be the only true-quizbowl events in Ottawa this year.

University of Toronto is running Toronto Novice on the same day, using the same questions. My hope is that our teams can outscore their teams again this year.

Field so far:
Almonte
Ashbury
Colonel By
Lisgar A
Lisgar B
Lisgar C
Nepean
Brendan McKendy
University of Ottawa 2011
bmcke
Wakka

Re: Carleton Supermoon Tournament -- Dec 2 in Ottawa, ON

Post by bmcke »

Stats
My recap

Lisgar A swept this tournament, winning a one-game final over Lisgar B. All staff and players did an excellent job. I should have ordered more pizza. The Canada questions were hard, but [the USA questions they replaced] would have been harder. I am pleased to see some new schools and coaches doing quizbowl in Ottawa this year. I look forward to seeing some Lisgar vs UTS games at Provincials or even just Reach Provincials.
Brendan McKendy
University of Ottawa 2011