WPHS Spring Invitational (SCT-18 Apr. 21) - Cullman, AL

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
quizbowllee
Auron

WPHS Spring Invitational (SCT-18 Apr. 21) - Cullman, AL

Post by quizbowllee »

Coaches/Sponsors:

I am inviting you to our final (probably) High School Scholar's Bowl Tournament of the school year at West Point High School in Cullman, AL . The tournament will take place on Saturday, April 21.

This tournament will use NAQT set SCT-18. They may be slightly more difficult, but should still be accessible to most high school teams.

This tournament will be a great opportunity for graduating seniors to get one final tournament in, for teams that are planning to attend a national tournament to get in a "tune-up," and for coaches to give their rising under-classmen some experience before taking on the mantle of varsity next year.

The cost of the tournament will be $70 per team (slightly higher than usual due to the increase cost of this question set). Schools may bring as many teams as you like. We will likely have a JV division if there is enough interest.

There will be a $5.00 per buzzer/per team discount for FULLY functioning buzzer systems.
I may also be able to give discounts for teams who can provide a moderator if we need them.

At this time, please let me know ASAP if you are interested. E-mail me at [email protected].

I hope to see you all on April 21!

Sincerely,
Lee Henry
AP Lit and APUSH Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
President-Elect/Past President- Alabama Scholastic Competition Association (ASCA)