2018 NAQT Florida State Championship @ UCF

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Jewish Pugilist
Lulu

2018 NAQT Florida State Championship @ UCF

Post by Jewish Pugilist »

Hi all,
I am pleased to announce that the UCF Quizbowl Club will be hosting the 2018 NAQT Florida State Championship in Orlando on the DII SCT set provided by NAQT. All Florida High Schools and Middle Schools, public and private, are eligible to play as long as they did not staff or play DII SCT or CCCT (Some dual enrolled high school students have played CCCT in years past.) It will take place on the May 19th, 2018, with registration beginning at 8:30 AM and rounds at 9:30 AM.

Location: The tournament will be held at UCF in our Business Administration I most likely (the admin is being odd about the location but they said most likely it will be this building; I will send out an email the week before if the location on UCF campus changes.) This map should be helpful in locating it: http://map.ucf.edu/.

Qualification:
Finishing in the top 15% of this field will qualify you for HSNCT (High School National Championship Tournament) 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia on May 25-27.

Dining: We will have light breakfast food like granola and some fruit in the morning for teams and staffers. Our campus has a variety of food options like Chick-Fil-A, Dominoes, Qdoba, and Boar's Head nearby to eat lunch. I will be treating staffers to dinner after the set is over.

Fee:
Base Fee: $90 ($80 for subsequent teams signed up by the same school)
Buzzer discount: $10 for each working buzzer
Staff discount: $10 off for each staffer
Travel discount (200 miles or more, one way): $10
Minimum Fee: $60

Current Field:
St. Stephen's (1-2 team(s))
CSN (2 teams--5 buzzers)
Palmetto Ridge (1-2 team(s))
Midtown Classical (1 team)
Lake Minneola (1-2 team(s))
Ransom Everglades (interested)
Buchholz High (1 team)