2017-18 High School Tournament Set Feedback Form

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
AKKOLADE
Sin

2017-18 High School Tournament Set Feedback Form

Post by AKKOLADE »

I've put together a feedback form for the various regular season high school sets this past year. You can find it here.

If I missed a set, please let me know.

If this is a success, I'll re-introduce this for the 2018-19 season. If I do so, feel free to make suggestions of other questions to ask, though I do like keeping this as simple as possible.

Please do take this form seriously, so serious feedback can be provided to set producers.
Last edited by AKKOLADE on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Stained Diviner
Auron

Re: 2017-18 High School Tournament Set Feedback Form

Post by Stained Diviner »

Thank you for setting this up. I hope that you will use it for 2018-19 whether or not it is successful now. Having this form available from the beginning of the year so that people can fill it out soon after playing a set rather than at the end of the year will be much better.

I hope that students and coaches fill out the form and provide feedback to Fred on how it could be better. Also, spread the word about this.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I’ve toyed with the idea of having an informal “cooling off” period for inputting feedback, maybe requesting you wait 2-7 days before you put anything in. I don’t see a good way I can make this mandatory with a low effort Google Form.
Fred Morlan
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Bosa of York
Rikku

Post by Bosa of York »

Potentially you could send the link to hosts and ask them to forward it to teams after that period?
Eric Wolfsberg
Bethlehem Central High School 2016
University of Delaware 2020
Stanford 2025 or whatever
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Sure!
Fred Morlan
bmccauley
Wakka

Post by bmccauley »

Fred,
Will the results be published anywhere? Also, will the people offering the set have access to the feedback received so they can use that on subsequent set creation or edits?
Bernard McCauley
Coach, Great Valley High School (PA)
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I will be publishing results in the near future.

If you want to respond to this form but you've yet to do so, I encourage you to take advantage of it soon.
Fred Morlan
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Here's the feedback I received on sets from the 2017-18 year. I have redacted question specifics because I wanted to play it safe in terms of what's clear and what's not. I'd be happy to privately share question specific feedback with people who produced a set at their request, or do so publicly if you show me where a set has been cleared.
Attachments
2017-18 High School Question Set Feedback (Responses) - question specifics.xlsx
(15.61 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
Fred Morlan
AGoodMan
Rikku

Post by AGoodMan »

AKKOLADE wrote:Here's the feedback I received on sets from the 2017-18 year. I have redacted question specifics because I wanted to play it safe in terms of what's clear and what's not. I'd be happy to privately share question specific feedback with people who produced a set at their request, or do so publicly if you show me where a set has been cleared.
Thanks for doing this Fred. HFT has been cleared, so I would love to know the redacted details from the comments.
Jon Suh
Wheaton Warrenville South High School '16
Harvard '20
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

Masonic is also clear.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)