University of Iowa Corn Bowl Invitational I (WHAQ III, January 19th, 2019) [CANCELLED]

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

University of Iowa Corn Bowl Invitational I (WHAQ III, January 19th, 2019) [CANCELLED]

Post by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! »

Hello! The University of Iowa Quiz Bowl Team is proud to announce the first ever Corn Bowl Invitational. This tournament will take place on Saturday, January 19th, 2019 on the University of Iowa Campus in Iowa City. This tournament will be open to all high school and middle school teams.

Logistics:
We will begin checking in teams at 8:00 A.M. and then continue until 8:40 A.M. We will have a moderator meeting at 8:40 A.M. and then a team meeting at 8:45 A.M. Games will begin at 9:00 A.M. An email regarding the location of this on campus, the best parking spots, lunch recommendations, and any and all other information during the week leading up to the tournament. We will try to send out schedules electronically before the tournament, but if we experience changes, we will also print out copies for the team meeting. We will briefly go over the rules during the team meeting in the morning and will have a slideshow displaying these rules and more info too.

Fees:
The fee structure is as follows:
Base fee per team: $60
Each additional team from a school: $50
Buzzer discount (having at least 8 working buzzers), maximum of 1 buzzer set per school: -$5
Reader discount: -$10
Travel discount: -$10 per 100 miles, one-way (via Google Maps)
Minimum fee per team: $40

As of November 4th, 2018, we have a soft cap of 18 teams, but this can easily be expanded as we confirm more staffers. If needed, we will institute a waitlist and add teams as we expand.

To register, please email me, Ganon Evans, at [email protected] with the tagline "Corn Bowl Invitational" to register. Please include how many teams you would like to bring as well as any staffers and buzzers you have as well as if you qualify for the travel discount. I try to check my email everyday, so if I do not respond within a day or two, please send another or call/text 636-443-9934.

Set Details:
We will be mirroring WHAQ III, the details of which can be found on this attached link.

Please let me know if you have questions as I am happy to answer them! We look forward to seeing you this spring! GO HAWKS!!!
Last edited by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ganon Evans
Misconduct Representative
ACF President, PACE VP of Editing, MOQBA
Francis Howell High School 2018, University of Iowa 2021
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

Re: University of Iowa Corn Bowl Invitational I (WHAQ III, January 19th, 2019)

Current Field (0/18): (January 2nd, 2018)
Waukee (2/1/1)*
Waitlist:

* = 100 Mile Eligible
Last edited by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ganon Evans
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

I am very excited to announce that this tournament will be a platinum qualifier for the 2019 PACE National Scholastic Championship from June 8-9. The top 25% of teams will be eligible to qualify for the PACE NSC in Washington, D.C. and will also receive $20 their entry fee!
Ganon Evans
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

I am sorry to announce, but due to insignificant interest this close to the date, we will have to cancel the Corn Bowl Invitational. I am sorry to the teams who signed up. However, with talking to teams who could not make it, the University of Iowa is going to work to create a more distance-accessible tournament for the state. Thank you for your time!
Ganon Evans