OSU Buckeye Spring Tournament - 3/30/19 (IS-181)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
ppadmanabhan
Lulu

OSU Buckeye Spring Tournament - 3/30/19 (IS-181)

Post by ppadmanabhan »

The Ohio State University Academic Team is proud to announce the Buckeye Spring Tournament for high school teams, which will be held Saturday, March 30, in a TBA location on Ohio State's Columbus campus. The tournament will be using NAQT's IS-181 set and will serve as a qualifier for the NAQT High School and Small School National Championship Tournaments and the PACE National Scholastic Championship.

Fees:
Base fee: $70 for your first team, $65 for additional teams
Buzzer discount: -$5
Staffer discount: -$10
New to Quizbowl: -$20 (your school played no pyramidal tournaments before September 1, 2018)

Payment: All teams must pay by the day of the tournament. Teams that do not will be charged a $25 penalty fee. We will accept either cash or checks. No other form of payment will be accepted. All checks must be made out to “The Academic Team at the Ohio State University." Checks made out to other entities cannot be accepted. If there is a logistical issue that prevents this from happening, please contact me in advance.

If your school requires an invoice, please email me at the contact below, and we will provide one in short order.

Transportation and Parking: The best place to park on campus is almost certainly either the Tuttle Park Garage (2050 Tuttle Park Place), or the football stadium lot across the street. Note that these locations are paid parking, even on Saturdays (though the rates should not exceed ~$12 for the day). A backup option is the Lane Avenue Garage (2105 Neil Ave). There is free street parking around campus, but this is far from guaranteed on Saturday mornings, and I *strongly* discourage you from attempting to find it.

Lunch Options: We will supply a brief guide to the best local food options as the tournament date approaches. Please check back here for that and other updates, including exact building and room information.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at ppadmanabhan7 AT gmail DOT com with any questions. We look forward to seeing you all in March!
Pranav Padmanabhan
Boardman High School 2018
Youngstown State University 2018
The Ohio State University 2022
ppadmanabhan
Lulu

Re: OSU Buckeye Spring Tournament - 3/30/19 (IS-181)

Post by ppadmanabhan »

Field (10):

North Olmsted 2
Springfield Northeastern 1
Westland 1
Arlington 2
Grove City 2
Ben Logan 1
Lakewood (Licking Co.) 1
Pranav Padmanabhan
Boardman High School 2018
Youngstown State University 2018