Tuscumbia Novice Winter Tournament - Monday, January 28, 2019

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
tstockwell
Kimahri

Tuscumbia Novice Winter Tournament - Monday, January 28, 2019

Post by tstockwell »

I am pleased to announce that Tuscumbia High school will be hosting a NOVICE high school quiz bowl tournament on Monday, January 28, 2019. Tentatively, the tournament's field will be capped at 12 teams; we will consider raising the field cap if we have enough staff and space. Given sufficient demand, we will consider splitting the field into two divisions based on player experience. All students in grades 9 through 12 enrolled in a MSHSAA member school or affiliate school are eligible. Teams are limited to eight players, although teams of six or fewer are encouraged to maximize each student's playing time. Schools may bring multiple teams. Each game consists of twenty tossups and up to twenty three-part, thirty point rebounding bonuses.

This tournament will be using the SCOP Novice 9 question set, written by a consortium of quiz bowl coaches and former players in Illinois. We will also be hosting a tournament on this set on Saturday, January 19; each school may only attend one of these tournaments. The set has also been used at other tournaments. If you have attended a tournament where this question set has been used, you may not attend this tournament.

The tournament will begin around 4:30; the start time may be moved up slightly to accommodate attending teams' schedules. Each team will be guaranteed five rounds; please plan to stay for all rounds offered so we can follow through on our guarantee for all teams.

Entry fees are as follows:

Base fee per team: $35
Providing a fully functioning buzzer system: -$5 (limit two discounts per team)
Scorekeepers & Moderators: -$5 (as needed)

You may register by emailing me at [email protected] with the number of teams, buzzer systems, and staff that you plan on bringing. Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions you may have, and I look forward to receiving your registrations.

User reminded to add a signature -mgmt
Tanya Stockwell
Tuscumbia