The UCSD Quizbowl team will host the 2019 NAQT Southern California State Championship, to be held at UCSD on Saturday, February 2, 2019.
The tournament will be run on NAQT IS-183. This will be a tournament open to high school teams.
Any new schools (a school that did not play a tournament in the 2017-2018 season) will pay a flat $30 per team.
For returning schools:
$90 for the first team
$80 for each team thereafter
Teams of more than 6 players will not be accepted for both new and returning teams.
- $20 per school that successfully introduces quizbowl to another school
- $5 per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)
- $10 per experienced moderator that provides their own laptop or tablet capable of editing Google Sheets
- $5 per 50 miles traveled one-way per team
Early Registration Discounts:
- $10 per team that registers before 11:59pm, Tuesday January 28
- $20 per team that registers before 9:00pm, Monday January 22
Note: Any team that registers before 9:00pm January 22 will receive a total discount of $20, not $30
$40 for each regular team
$30 for each new school team
How to Register:
More logistics information will be provided closer to the date of the tournament to teams that are registered. To register (or if you have any questions), email us at email@example.com with:
1. How many teams you expect to bring (include a request for waitlisted teams)
2. The number of buzzers and/or moderators that you can provide
3. A contact email and phone number
4. Additional discounts (new school or distance)
5. Final expected cost (without waitlisted teams)
Please include the name of the tournament as well as your school in the subject of the email. e.g. "UCSD registration for Socal States"
We are implementing a soft field cap of 20 teams until we fully confirm rooms and staffers. Four spots will be reserved for new schools. The remaining 16 spots can be filled by either new or returning schools. Returning schools will be limited to registering three teams each. Any additional teams they want to register will go onto a wait list. If the new school slots are not filled one week prior to the tournament or we can expand the field cap, teams on the wait list will be let off.
Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
1 post • Page 1 of 1