2019 EB Bears Pre-Nationals Tournament @ East Brunswick NJ

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
jshan
Kimahri

2019 EB Bears Pre-Nationals Tournament @ East Brunswick NJ

Post by jshan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Hey everyone! First off, a huge thanks to everybody who attended this year's EB FunFest, which I hope you all enjoyed. I'm Jeffrey, and I'll be directing in lieu of Jon. Without further ado, I'm excited to invite all of you to our third annual
EAST BRUNSWICK BEARS TOURNAMENT!

Date: April 6, 2019

Time: Registration will open at 7:45, and the moderator meeting will be at 8:45. You must arrive by 8:30.

Packet: NAQT SCT (Division II) - Bear in mind that this packet is more difficult than regular IS sets, and that this tournament is largely intended to be in preparation for nationals (HSNCT or PACE NSC).
A sample can be found here.

Location: East Brunswick High School (380 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick, NJ)

Format: Currently the field cap is set at 28 teams, which will be expanded if necessary.
For now, there is a maximum of 3 teams per school limit, but it is possible that we might increase this if the field is expanded. Additional teams will be put on a waitlist. I'll be updating registrations on this thread as they come in, so please check in a couple days after you have registered.

Rules: As this tournament is only a few weeks before HSNCT, we will follow all standard NAQT Rules. For timing, however, we will use 12 minute halves, as opposed to the 9 minute halves at HSNCT, to account for the difficulty of this set. There are no computational math tossups or bonuses in this set.

Lunch: If you wish to order pizza and/or soda, there is a field in the registration form to order. There is also a Chipotle, Halal Guys, Sarku Japan, Smashburger, and Pie Five all within a walking distance from the school, as well as many nearby fast food options on Route 18.

Distance Discount: With this tournament we aim to maintain a diverse nationals preparation atmosphere, and we'd absolutely love to have strong teams from other regions come to compete in our tournament! Thus, we will be continuing our travel discount from last year - $10 off per 100 miles traveled by a team one way, according to Google Maps, although the minimum of $50 per team still applies.

Payment Information:
First team: $80
Subsequent teams: $70
Minimum fee per team: $50
Large pizza pie: $11
12 oz. Coca-Cola: $1.50
Experienced moderator (up to 2): -$10
Buzzer set: -$5
Distance discount: -$10 per 100 miles traveled one way according to Google Maps
Please bring either cash or a check written out to East Brunswick High School to check-in.

The registration form can be found at https://goo.gl/forms/7HOlraJ75BZO23PW2
The tournament listing can be found at http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/5686/
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at ebhsacademicteam@gmail.com or me personally at jshan5005@gmail.com
Jeffrey Han
EB Academic Team

jshan
Kimahri

Re: 2019 EB Bears Pre-Nationals Tournament @ East Brunswick NJ

Post by jshan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 pm

Field: Updated 3/20 (School Teams / Buzzers / Moderators)

Total: 7/9/1
Wilmington Charter 1/3/0
High Technology High School 3/3/0
Livingston High School 2/0/1
MCA 1/3/0
Jeffrey Han
EB Academic Team