Books & Material

Announcements, results, and discussion for all NHBB, IHBB, and History/Geography Olympiad events. DO NOT discuss specific question content of any kind until the sets are announced as clear at the end of the competition year.
Vixor
Kimahri

Books & Material

Post by Vixor » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Hello, I will be having the regional bee in about 5 days for junior varsity. I previously believed it would be easy as I am relatively good at history, but there just so happens to be possibly the best history player in the state playing JV (who I thought was playing Varsity). What books should I cram and what material should I use to study? (I have about 30 hours total to prepare)

Thanks,
Terrified Player
Vishal Rameshbabu
[Liberty Middle School]

db0wman
Lulu

Re: Books & Material

Post by db0wman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:09 pm

https://www.historybowl.com/resources/s ... resources/

Packet reading is probably going to be your best way of cramming.
Dylan Bowman
University Lab 2016-2020

TheScientists
Lulu

Re: Books & Material

Post by TheScientists » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:10 am

It's already too late in your scenario (sorry about that!) - but I'd also like to mention that search engines like QuizDB are also a great resource for last minute stuff. YouTube channels like Kings & Generals, Extra Credits, and Historia Civilis are also great last-minute things to binge or play in the background.
Ameya S. - Laurel Springs School (2017-)

"Ameya could be told by his doctor not to go skydiving without a parachute again and he would just sit up and try to sell the doctor on a base jumping trip over a bunch of rose bushes." - Member of 10PpgCorner, 2019