Just wanted to clarify a point here regarding some NHBB scheduling gymnastics as well as a policy on adding tournaments at this point in the year.
1. South Carolina is now at Blacksburg HS, which is about 45 minutes from Dorman. Otherwise, same date, March 10.
2. In Texas, the two Houston tournaments have been canceled. The TX state tournament is now at LASA in Austin (same date). There will also likely be a San Antonio tournament - am working that date out. At this point, that will likely be in March.
3. There will likely be a Northern Idaho tournament on March 3 - I'm finalizing arrangements with Troy High School.
4. Central Florida will likely be canceled, with teams encouraged to go to the North Florida and South Florida tournaments running the same day (Jan. 21).
5. The Rochester area tournament at Victor HS has been rescheduled to March 3. This is good as it spaces our two Western NY tournaments 7 weeks apart, rather than 2.
6. Regarding other areas, especially areas with not many NHBB tournaments, who would like more chances to qualify for our Nationals, here's the new policy. I personally do not have time to recruit for more host sites, nor for teams at any more tournaments. The schedule as it stands is already incredibly ambitious. But, I'm willing to add new tournaments, including Bowl only tournaments after school (we can do 5 prelim rounds and 2 playoff rounds from 4-8pm). The caveat here is that host schools need to guarantee us 8 teams, including at least 5 paying teams (i.e. not from the host school). Otherwise, it's simply not worth it for us to run these. The set can be of your choice, as long as you haven't played it yet, of course. This policy is in effect for all regions, but I'm looking specifically at Houston and Southern California here. We may try and recruit host schools yet in these two areas, but that would literally be item #42 on my to-do list at the moment (I'm not kidding).