What's a good way to study?

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Prone
Kimahri

What's a good way to study?

Post by Prone »

I'm on my school's QuizBowl team, two years in a row, captain starting this year. My coach/teacher/whatever says he wants me to main Science and wants me to be a generalist for the Middle School team. I'm also "on" (read as: fill in for people) the B team for the high school. I'm getting to go to both Nationals, both Middle School in Atlanta and Small School in Chicago area. I just can't study is the problem. I've let a lot of Science go dead and miss out on a lot of bonuses. Mainly physics and chemistry. What would be the best way to study for this and fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
vinteuil
Auron

Re: What's a good way to study?

Post by vinteuil »

If you haven't taken a physics class before, there's a lovely book called Conceptual Physics by Paul Hewitt that's a nice introduction (and a library near you should have some edition of it)
Jacob R., ex-Chicago
Sima Guang Hater
Auron

Re: What's a good way to study?

Post by Sima Guang Hater »

Prone wrote:I'm on my school's QuizBowl team, two years in a row, captain starting this year. My coach/teacher/whatever says he wants me to main Science and wants me to be a generalist for the Middle School team. I'm also "on" (read as: fill in for people) the B team for the high school. I'm getting to go to both Nationals, both Middle School in Atlanta and Small School in Chicago area. I just can't study is the problem. I've let a lot of Science go dead and miss out on a lot of bonuses. Mainly physics and chemistry. What would be the best way to study for this and fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
http://www.qbwiki.com/wiki/view/How_to_ ... nce_player

AP review books and old packets at regular high school difficulty are good places to start at your level.
Eric Mukherjee, MD PhD
Brown 2009, Penn Med 2018
Instructor/Attending Physician/Postdoctoral Fellow, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Coach, University School of Nashville

“The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It’s one of the never-ending cycles in life.”
Support the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Foundation