Help with topics

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
warobison
Kimahri

Help with topics

Post by warobison »

Hello,

I'm relatively new to these forums, so I'm not sure about the best place to post this. I was actively involved with high school, middle school, and elementary school quiz bowl for more than twenty years before I retired in 2002. Since then, I've written questions for several of our local tournaments. As I get older (and the players get younger and younger!), I find myself more and more out of touch with some of the topics. I'm particularly interested in getting suggestions from some coaches and players about two topics for students in grades 4-8: (1) popular literature and (2) video games. I do fine with questions about the things that the kids should have read (or at least heard of), but I'm really more interested in what they are actually reading. I think I can find enough information if I just get titles or series that are up-to-date. For the second category, video games, I'm a complete blank. What are the popular (and appropriate for "pop culture" category for this age group) video games that are being played? Thanks for any help you can offer.

W. A. Robison