Middle School Quiz Bowl in Connecticut

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
romeokar
Wakka

Middle School Quiz Bowl in Connecticut

Post by romeokar »

Hello everyone,

I started a quiz bowl team in our middle school in Darien, CT in 2009. I have been searched for live competition in the NY-NJ-CT area, but have yet to find anything. We are willing to travel, within reason, and will bring our own buzzers, judges, and moderators. If you would like to schedule a scrimmage match or tournament, please let me know. You can reply to this post or email me directly ([email protected]).

User was reminded to add a signature. --Mgmt.
Ken Romeo
Middlesex Middle School
Darien, CT
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Middle School Quiz Bowl in Connecticut

Post by Important Bird Area »

Welcome to the forum!
romeokar wrote:I have been searched for live competition in the NY-NJ-CT area, but have yet to find anything.
Bergen County Academies in northern New Jersey is hosting a tournament this coming weekend. (details)

Beyond that: NAQT would be delighted to have a middle school tournament in Connecticut using our spring invitational set (Middle School Series #3), which is available for hosting on or after February 4th. Please contact me if you have interest in helping organize such an event (or even just would be interested in traveling to New York or New Jersey).
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
romeokar
Wakka

Re: Middle School Quiz Bowl in Connecticut

Post by romeokar »

I do know about the tournament in New Jersey, but I found out too late. I look forward to it next year, though! I would be more than willing to organize an event, but there aren't middle school teams in Fairfield County. I welcome the opportunity to bring my team to local school in New York or New Jersey. We could play on a weekend or during the school day.
Ken Romeo
Middlesex Middle School
Darien, CT