WKU Middle School Tournament (Bowling Green, KY 10/27/12)

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

WKU Middle School Tournament (Bowling Green, KY 10/27/12)

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

The WKU Academic Competition Club will be hosting an academic tournament for middle school academic quizbowl teams on October 27 in Bowling Green, KY. I will be serving as Tournament Director. Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions, concerns, or advice. We'll be sending out information to schools (along with a registration form that can be used as an invoice) shortly. This tournament will be hosted concurrently with a JV high school division, which will likely be running in the same building on the same questions. This creates some space limitations, but we have decided to split the difference and cap the field for each division at 18 teams a piece.

Location: Building TBA, Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY)

Questions: Along with our JV High School division on the same day, this tournament will be a mirror of SCOP Novice.

Fee: $60 per team. Every team that attends must bring a buzzer system and a staffer.

Payment: We would prefer you pay on the day of the tournament, rather than sending a check ahead of time. Please do not be extraordinarily late with payment, or we reserve the right charge an additional $20 for each month the payment is late. We will accept cash or check, and all checks should be made out to the Academic Competition Club.

Format: We will have a pool play format (probably pools of 4, 5, or 6 depending on field size) and will rebracket into another set of pools in the afternoon that are based on performance in the morning. This is the same format we have used at previous tournaments.

To register, coaches can e-mail me at [email protected]
Last edited by Rococo A Go Go on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
the return of AHAN
Auron

Re: WKU Middle School Tournament (Bowling Green, KY 10/27/12)

Post by the return of AHAN »

Nick,
Will this be the only tournament WKU will be staging for MS teams this year? I'm putting together a calendar that I plan to hand out to Illinois MS coaches at an event on 10/26. Would any of them come? No idea, but I'm willing to try to find out!
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

the return of AHAN wrote:Nick,
Will this be the only tournament WKU will be staging for MS teams this year? I'm putting together a calendar that I plan to hand out to Illinois MS coaches at an event on 10/26. Would any of them come? No idea, but I'm willing to try to find out!
This is probably it on the middle school level. I wouldn't completely rule out hosting a tournament in the spring, but it's unlikely.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Field
Last edited by Rococo A Go Go on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

The entire field has dropped, and I haven't gotten interest from other teams that I thought might come. Because of that, the middle school division has now been canceled.

Middle school teams are certainly welcome to participate in our JV tournament being held this Saturday. Info on that can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13529
Nicholas C
KQBA member