Westmont Hilltop NAQT - 1/25/14 (Johnstown, PA)

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
WestmontMod
Kimahri

Westmont Hilltop NAQT - 1/25/14 (Johnstown, PA)

Post by WestmontMod »

After the success of our Fall tournament, I can announce our Spring tournament. It will be in the same place, that is, on 827 Diamond Boulevard in Johnstown, PA, and will be held on the Saturday of January the 25th.

Teams should arrive to sign in between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m. There will be a presentation that will cover the official NAQT rules and regulations afterward. After that, the first round will begin, which, like the next rounds, should be around 20 minutes long. Each match consists of two nine-minute halves and a break in between; teams are also allowed to take short time-outs. After lunch, the teams will be rebracketed, ensuring that the top teams compete against teams of similar skill for eligibility in the NAQT Middle School National Championship Tournament in May. The qualifiers and winners will be announced around 4:00 p.m.

All teams will receive a lunch break around half way through the tournament, though food and drinks will be sold all day. Pizza will be $1.50 and soda $1; other food should also be available. Packed lunches are welcome, of course.

There is a $70 fee to enter a school's first team, with an additional $60 for any other teams. There is a $20 discount for each buzzer system a school brings.

More information and a registration form are located at the website below. Registrations must be received at [email protected] by January 13th. The field is not limited.

The following teams have registered so far:
Somerset A
Somerset B
Somerset C
Somerset D
Chartiers Valley
Albemarle

https://sites.google.com/a/whsd.org/mis ... lasticquiz
Last edited by WestmontMod on Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa Kalwanaski
Westmont Hilltop Middle School
Johnstown, PA
[email protected]
Couch's Kingbird
Rikku

Re: Westmont Hilltop NAQT - 1/25/14 (Johnstown, PA)

Post by Couch's Kingbird »

Which of NAQT's question sets will you be using?
Julia Tong
Darien 2014-2018; Co-Captain 2015-2018
Barnard 2018-2022 (VP Columbia Quiz Bowl)
Member of the Connecticut Quiz Bowl Alliance: ctquizbowl.org
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Westmont Hilltop NAQT - 1/25/14 (Johnstown, PA)

Post by Important Bird Area »

This tournament is currently scheduled to use Middle School Series #9.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred