Barrington Invitational Tournament XII

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
the return of AHAN
Auron

Barrington Invitational Tournament XII

Post by the return of AHAN »

This is a call for persons interested in staffing the 2015 iteration of the Barrington Invitational Tournament on March 14th, 2015. I'm in need of readers and scorekeepers. High school graduates are eligible for what has been described as a "handsome" stipend, while current high school players can count their service for 8+ hours of volunteer service. This will be a very large tournament, and I need all of the staffing help I can get!

E-mail me your interest at
jprice <at>barrington220(dot)org
Last edited by the return of AHAN on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Riley
Auron

Re: Call for Staffers for Barrington Invitational Tournament

Post by David Riley »

I'm there.
David Riley
Coach Emeritus, Loyola Academy, Wilmette, Illinois, 1993-2010
Steering Committee, IHSSBCA, 1996 -
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"
The Formiddable Dark Skeik
Lulu

Post by The Formiddable Dark Skeik »

I am there as well.
Peter Chmiel
Former Station Middle School Player (2011-2014)
Barrington High School Player (2015-2018)

"You are hereby charged that you did, on diverse dates, commit heresy against the Holy Church'"
-Cardinal Fang
the return of AHAN
Auron

My staffer list is not as long as I wish it were. I'm still in need of 4 solid moderators for this tournament. If you are out of high school, I can pay you $80. High schoolers have to volunteer, but I'm happy to sign off whatever forms you might need to prove volunteer hours (school, NHS, probation officer, etc.). Also, scorekeepers are welcome, too.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
The Formiddable Dark Skeik
Lulu

Post by The Formiddable Dark Skeik »

I'm afraid you'll need to contact my probation and parole officer.
Peter Chmiel
Former Station Middle School Player (2011-2014)
Barrington High School Player (2015-2018)

"You are hereby charged that you did, on diverse dates, commit heresy against the Holy Church'"
-Cardinal Fang
the return of AHAN
Auron

Re: Barrington Invitational Tournament XII

This happened. Complete with silly pie-related pool names. Set used was SCOP-MS.
CHALLENGE (10 teams):
1st: Barrington Station A
2nd: Rockford Marshall A
3rd: Lincolnshire Daniel Wright A
4th Barrington Station B*

* - Palatine Quest was a threat to win the whole thing, and still narrowly missed 4th place, until their best player left for some sort of choral competition that conflicted. :aaa:

STANDARD (30 teams):
1st: Northbrook Maple A
2nd: Buffalo Grove Aptakisic
3rd: River Grove Roosevelt (finished 1-2 in a C.O.D. in the re-bracket; awarded slot in 3rd pace game based on total point tiebreaker, by TEN points, over Rockford Marshall B)
4th: Barrington St. Anne's A
Consolation Champions: Cary JHS A

B-TEAM BRACKET (12 teams):
1st: Elm Grove (WI) St. Mary's Visitation C
2nd: Northfield Sunset Ridge B
3rd: Palatine Quest B
4th: Cary JHS B

Complete stats can be found here:
http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/2941/

Special thanks to all of the people who helped make this tournament what it was; statisticians, Mike Wong, Tyler Vaughan, Kristin Strey, and Donald Taylor, who doubles as the deputy TD... match staffers David Riley, Alex Jacob, Joe Promisco, Cindy Long, Neva O'Laughlin, Jason Asher, Ali Nagib, Jonathan Kersky, Sam Levin, Angela DeMay, Norman Luc, Aakash Patel, Franz Varga, Joe Grosspietsch, Linda Lesniak, Kim Anderson, Marilyn Dato, Kylen Sandquist, Mathew Laird, Jeremy Nelson, Kevin Schmidt, Irene & Rusty Ducharme, Mike Laudermith, Stephen & Frank Hannon, Robbie Neja, Jack Mullins, Veronica Fischer, Kyle Asta, Hari Ramakrishnan, Brock Calamari, Peter Chmiel, Anna Walker, Christopher Winkler, Matthew Lehmann, Victor Kluck, Jamie Hinkle, and a plethora of Station students that don't play quizbowl but patiently allowed me to teach them how to score a match during their lunch breaks and then gave up their Saturday to help me.
Extra special thanks to Mr. Tim Haupt, the Assistant Principal of Station Campus, who somehow goes along with these shenanigans every year, taking him away from his family for a whole extra Saturday.
Jeff Price