Stratford Santa Clara Invitational (1/10/16, Santa Clara CA)

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Stratford Santa Clara Invitational (1/10/16, Santa Clara CA)

Post by Important Bird Area »

The Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance and the Stratford School are pleased to announce that Stratford will host its fourth annual middle school quizbowl tournament on Sunday, January 10, 2016.

Location: This tournament will take place at Stratford Schools Santa Clara, 890 Pomeroy Avenue, Santa Clara, California.

Questions: We will be using NAQT Middle School Series #15. (Note that this is the same set used at our Sacramento Fall Tournament, so teams that played that event may not compete at Stratford.) (For practice material similar to the questions we will use at the tournament, please consider the NAQT New Middle School Package)

The top 15% of teams will qualify for the 2016 NAQT Middle School National Championship Tournament, to be held in Atlanta, Georgia on May 7-8, 2016.

Eligibility: All middle schools (public, private, charter, religious, homeschool, etc.) are eligible to play in this event. This tournament is open to any players who have not yet completed 8th grade, though the questions are targeted at 7th and 8th graders.

Schools are encouraged to enter multiple teams, but please note that players must play for the same team throughout the tournament.

Fees:

Base fee: $60 per team

-$10 second or subsequent team from the same school

-$10 working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

-$20 experienced moderator

-$10 scorekeeper (We will hold a brief training session during check-in for those volunteers who have never kept score before.)

Payment will be taken at check-in on January 10th. Please make checks out to Stratford School.

How to register: please contact the tournament director, Jeff Hoppes ([email protected]), on or before Monday, January 4th, indicating how many teams, buzzers, and staff your school plans to bring.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Stratford Santa Clara Invitational (1/10/16, Santa Clara

Post by Important Bird Area »

The field for this tournament is limited to 20 teams.

Field (20):

Challenger-Berryessa A
Challenger-Berryessa B
Challenger-Berryessa C
Challenger-Berryessa D
Challenger-Strawberry Park A
Challenger-Strawberry Park B
Challenger-Sunnyvale
Fallon A
Fallon B
Gale Ranch
Harker A
Harker B
Lincoln-Kennedy
Livermore Valley Charter
Stratford-Santa Clara A
Stratford-Santa Clara B
Stratford-Santa Clara C
Stratford-Fremont
Sunol Glen A
Sunol Glen B

Last updated 1/6; field closed --JTH
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred