Bellarmine's middle school tournament (4/9/16, San Jose, CA)

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Bellarmine's middle school tournament (4/9/16, San Jose, CA)

Post by Important Bird Area »

The Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance and Bellarmine College Prep are pleased to announce that Bellarmine will host its fourth annual middle school quizbowl tournament on Saturday, April 9, 2016.

Location: This tournament will take place at Bellarmine College Prep in San Jose, California.

Questions: We will be using the SCOP Middle School set. (For practice material similar to the questions we will use at the tournament, please consult the 2014-15 SCOP Novice high school set.)

This tournament is not an automatic qualifier for any national championship, but teams that perform well are encouraged to consider wildcard applications for the 2016 NAQT Middle School National Championship Tournament, May 7-8 in Atlanta, Georgia.

Eligibility: All middle schools (public, private, charter, religious, homeschool, etc.) are eligible to play in this event. This tournament is open to any players who have not yet completed 8th grade, though the questions are targeted at 7th and 8th graders.

Schools are encouraged to enter multiple teams, but please note that players must play for the same team throughout the tournament.

Fees:

Base fee: $70 per team

-$10 second or subsequent team from the same school

-$10 working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

-$20 experienced moderator

-$10 scorekeeper (We will hold a brief training session during check-in for those volunteers who have never kept score before.)

Payment will be taken at check-in on April 9th. Please make checks out to Bellarmine College Prep.

How to register: please contact the tournament director, Chris Fleitas ([email protected]), on or before Monday, April 4th, indicating how many teams, buzzers, and staff your school plans to bring.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Bellarmine's middle school tournament (4/9/16, San Jose,

Post by Important Bird Area »

Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred