LaTeX tournament schedules

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jonah
Auron

LaTeX tournament schedules

Post by jonah »

Have you ever been concerned that your schedule isn't pretty enough? Sick of going through a bunch of repetitive work for tournaments? qbschedule to the rescue!

I've put together a LaTeX class for making (round-robin and pooled-round-robin) tournament schedules and built templates for lots of common formats. Check them out at https://github.com/jonahgreenthal/qbschedule. If you're familiar with LaTeX, these should be quite easy to use. If you're not, I've attempted to write some documentation but I'm not sure how complete or useful it is — feel free to ask questions (here or in the issues) or suggest improvements.

If you have a template to contribute, make a pull request or email me ([email protected]), just please try to mimic the existing ones. If you want a template that isn't available yet, ask me (in the issues or here or by email).

Questions? Comments? Suggested improvements? Please let me know. I want this to be good and used.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
pajaro bobo
Wakka

Re: LaTeX tournament schedules

Post by pajaro bobo »

This is really great stuff. Thanks for making this!
Alex Liu
Georgia Tech '1X
Chattahoochee '13
Excelsior (smack)
Rikku

Post by Excelsior (smack) »

As an aesthetic consideration, I would suggest defaulting to a font other than Latin Modern - for anything other than math-heavy typesetting, Latin Modern is downright butt-ugly. Any other reasonable serif font (e.g. Garamond, Cambria - heck, even Times New Roman) would be better.

If you're alright with changing the compiler to xetex (included in MikTeX these days), this becomes trivial, and I'd be happy to submit a relevant pull request.
Ashvin Srivatsa
Corporate drone '?? | Yale University '14 | Sycamore High School (OH) '10
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Excelsior (smack) wrote:As an aesthetic consideration, I would suggest defaulting to a font other than Latin Modern - for anything other than math-heavy typesetting, Latin Modern is downright butt-ugly. Any other reasonable serif font (e.g. Garamond, Cambria - heck, even Times New Roman) would be better.

If you're alright with changing the compiler to xetex (included in MikTeX these days), this becomes trivial, and I'd be happy to submit a relevant pull request.
I actually like Latin Modern, but if you want to submit a pull request that makes choosing a font easy (while leaving the default), I'll take it.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments