Protobowl is borked

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
CPiGuy
Auron

Protobowl is borked

Post by CPiGuy »

I don't really see any existing threads to put this in, so it'll have to go here.

Protobowl seems to be borked as of today; the "Start the Question" button isn't working, and the category/distribution/difficulty selection dropdowns are empty. Additionally, there is difficulties in setting up multiplayer rooms, wherein some participants will just be rendered as "[name missing]".
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
University of Michigan '20
Iowa State University '25
Tournament Format Database
thesouthindian
Kimahri

Re: Protobowl is borked

Post by thesouthindian »

And you can't join a room. You can't see questions. You can see that people are online or active but you can't do anything about it.

Seriously, can't ananyone make a better version of Protobowl? Anytime? I have a tournament coming up in a couple weeks and I can't even practice because of this.

Thanks, Protobowl. Seriously, thanks.
Vijay Siddharth
NPS-i '18 [if all goes well]
Workers of the world, unite!
CPiGuy
Auron

Post by CPiGuy »

So, this is no longer the case, and I'm just going to assume they had some server downtime. Feel free to lock this thread.
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
University of Michigan '20
Iowa State University '25
Tournament Format Database
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Post by Aaron's Rod »

thesouthindian wrote:Seriously, can't ananyone make a better version of Protobowl? Anytime? I have a tournament coming up in a couple weeks and I can't even practice because of this.
In fact, they can, although few would say that it's the best use of your time with a tournament coming up in a couple of weeks.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

You can always, naturally, do what people did before protobowl (and of course still do) and just read packets to yourself or with your teammates or friends in literally any other way.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

do what people did before protobowl (and of course still do) and just go learn things from actual books, not reading old packets!
Fixed your post.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred