Proto

The scariest thing of all is Protobowl
Post Reply
troyharris
Lulu
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:47 am

Proto

Post by troyharris » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Anybody know what's up (or down) with Protobowl over the past few days?
Troy Harris
Plymouth, NH

idek
Lulu
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Re: Proto

Post by idek » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:29 pm

It hasn't worked for me either.
Vishal Sivamani
Coppell

User avatar
J. Young
Wakka
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:21 am
Location: Old Virginia

Re: Proto

Post by J. Young » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:51 pm

I guess Kevin Kwok finally let Protobowl die.
Justin Young
Longfellow MS '16
McLean HS '20

User avatar
Banned Tiny Toon Adventures Episode
Tidus
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 10:03 am

Re: Proto

Post by Banned Tiny Toon Adventures Episode » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:51 pm

this is the best update they've ever done
Andrew Wang
Illinois 2016

User avatar
tksaleija
Wakka
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: Proto

Post by tksaleija » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Any actual explanations for the issue?
Aleija Rodriguez
Team Captain for MCMC Quiz Bowl
Monroe County Middle College '19
Monroe County Community College '19
All-Star, 2018 SSNCT

User avatar
vinteuil
Auron
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: Proto

Post by vinteuil » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Jacob Reed
Yale '17, '19
East Chapel Hill '13
"...distant bayings from...the musicological mafia"―Denis Stevens

idek
Lulu
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Re: Proto

Post by idek » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:30 pm

vinteuil wrote:here's your protobowl http://quinterest.org/quizbug.html
Now that I realized that this doesn't work on an iPad, this is far superior to Protobowl.
Vishal Sivamani
Coppell

troyharris
Lulu
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:47 am

Re: Proto

Post by troyharris » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:13 pm

It works now.
Troy Harris
Plymouth, NH

User avatar
An Economic Ignoramus
Memerator
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: East Lansing, MI or Naperville, IL

Re: Proto

Post by An Economic Ignoramus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:20 pm

EDIT: I just realized I made a content free post. Delete this.
Jakob Myers
MSU '21, Naperville North '17
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
Member, PACE
Memerator

User avatar
the return of AHAN
Auron
Posts: 1884
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:40 pm

Re: Proto

Post by the return of AHAN » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:59 pm

idek wrote:
vinteuil wrote:here's your protobowl http://quinterest.org/quizbug.html
Now that I realized that this doesn't work on an iPad, this is far superior to Protobowl.

That... made no sense.
Jeff Price, Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

idek
Lulu
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Re: Proto

Post by idek » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:06 pm

the return of AHAN wrote:
idek wrote:
vinteuil wrote:here's your protobowl http://quinterest.org/quizbug.html
Now that I realized that this doesn't work on an iPad, this is far superior to Protobowl.

That... made no sense.
I was referring to the QuizBug feature of Quinterest, which only seems to work on my laptop, as I need a space bar for it.
Sorry for my seemingly incoherent statement.
Vishal Sivamani
Coppell

User avatar
the return of AHAN
Auron
Posts: 1884
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:40 pm

Re: Proto

Post by the return of AHAN » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 pm

idek wrote:
the return of AHAN wrote:
idek wrote:
vinteuil wrote:here's your protobowl http://quinterest.org/quizbug.html
Now that I realized that this doesn't work on an iPad, this is far superior to Protobowl.

That... made no sense.
I was referring to the QuizBug feature of Quinterest, which only seems to work on my laptop, as I need a space bar for it.
Sorry for my seemingly incoherent statement.
I was trying to understand why the program NOT working on an iPad was a feature. To me, it'd be much more useful if you could play with it on an iPad.
Jeff Price, Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User avatar
dhumphreys17
Wakka
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Re: Proto

Post by dhumphreys17 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 am

the return of AHAN wrote:
idek wrote:
the return of AHAN wrote:
idek wrote:
vinteuil wrote:here's your protobowl http://quinterest.org/quizbug.html
Now that I realized that this doesn't work on an iPad, this is far superior to Protobowl.

That... made no sense.
I was referring to the QuizBug feature of Quinterest, which only seems to work on my laptop, as I need a space bar for it.
Sorry for my seemingly incoherent statement.
I was trying to understand why the program NOT working on an iPad was a feature. To me, it'd be much more useful if you could play with it on an iPad.
Certainly it would, but perhaps he was inarticulately saying that the lack of functionality on an iPad skewed his judgment until he was able to test QuizBug on a non-iPad electronic device, on which it would certainly perform at a level superior to dead Protobowl, and arguably perform at a level superior to Protobowl alive.
Devin James John Bartholomew Humphreys
Team Captain, Sacred Heart Academy High School (MI), Class of 2017
Michigan State University, anticipated Class of 2020

idek
Lulu
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Re: Proto

Post by idek » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:13 pm

dhumphreys17 wrote:
the return of AHAN wrote:
idek wrote:
the return of AHAN wrote:
idek wrote:
vinteuil wrote:here's your protobowl http://quinterest.org/quizbug.html
Now that I realized that this doesn't work on an iPad, this is far superior to Protobowl.

That... made no sense.
I was referring to the QuizBug feature of Quinterest, which only seems to work on my laptop, as I need a space bar for it.
Sorry for my seemingly incoherent statement.
I was trying to understand why the program NOT working on an iPad was a feature. To me, it'd be much more useful if you could play with it on an iPad.
Certainly it would, but perhaps he was inarticulately saying that the lack of functionality on an iPad skewed his judgment until he was able to test QuizBug on a non-iPad electronic device, on which it would certainly perform at a level superior to dead Protobowl, and arguably perform at a level superior to Protobowl alive.
Took the words out of my mouth.
Vishal Sivamani
Coppell

User avatar
UlyssesInvictus
Tidus
Posts: 717
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Re: Proto

Post by UlyssesInvictus » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Noticed some interesting new code involving QANTA. Some cool AI training perhaps?
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM

User avatar
ezubaric
Rikku
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:02 pm
Location: College Park, MD
Contact:

Re: Proto

Post by ezubaric » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:59 am

UlyssesInvictus wrote:Noticed some interesting new code involving QANTA. Some cool AI training perhaps?
We're working on it!
Jordan Boyd-Graber
UMD (College Park, MD), Faculty Advisor 2018-present
UC Boulder, Founder / Faculty Advisor 2014-2017
UMD (College Park, MD), Faculty Advisor 2010-2014
Princeton, Player 2004-2009
Caltech (Pasadena, CA), Player / President 2000-2004
Ark Math & Science (Hot Springs, AR), Player 1998-2000
Monticello High School, Player 1997-1998

Human-Computer Question Answering:
http://qanta.org/

Post Reply