QuizDB Feature Poll

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

QuizDB Feature Poll

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

I'm at a crossroads at what I can work on next for QuizDB, and most of the features are about the same amount of work, so I'd like to get a quick poll of what people would most appreciate me making first.

Please fill out the following Google form (https://goo.gl/forms/9WYfr7MF7E7jhDE53) and I'll consider the results while deciding what to approach next. Take it seriously, fill in meme responses, w/e, as long as I get useful data out of it.

I'd like to make useful features, so share this with any other QB-playing people you know who don't browse the forums. Thanks!
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Re: QuizDB Feature Poll

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

minor update for those who care:

question player (a la protobowl) wins by a mile, so that's definitely my next big project
it's a very big project, though, so i'm going to work on it in chunks, and i'll probably have a very simple "press the button to buzz" type thing up by the end of October

i'll punctuate that with the next top choices, updating the question database and advanced search (and tbh, features that i'm more looking forward to working on b/c they're easier)--i'll probably spend some time this weekend writing a few parsers and mass uploading some questions that way

thanks for the feedback, all!

and casual reminder that the Admin portal is still a thing if you'd like to help out improving the question DB
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM