Easily Posting "Live" HTML Files from SQBS to Own Website

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
herbie.brock
Lulu

Easily Posting "Live" HTML Files from SQBS to Own Website

Post by herbie.brock »

Hey everyone,

I have been tinkering with SQBS and I have everything set up for my tournament next week, but there is one thing that I think I am overlooking.
Before I go on, please note:
I am not tech savvy. I have a free Weebly website and a Google Drive and am able to copy and paste HTML code. Anything beyond that is beyond me.
This is a quick recall tournament, and I won’t be keeping individual stats, just wins and losses.

I really love how SQBS spits out web results instantly, but I’d love to have a way to save them to my computer and they instantly be updated online somehow. I thought maybe that I could save them in a folder on my computer, sync that computer to my Google Drive, and every time I updated the files in the folder, they would be updated in the Google Drive. Then, I could link to that Google Drive folder This seems to be the case, but when someone opens the file in Google Drive, it opens in Docs and is just jumbled text. I’d like for people to be able to open those files so they can see it as a website, especially on their mobile devices.

I have a workaround that I can use if I have to. It is saving the HTML files on my computer and then uploading the code to my website, MrBrock.net after each round. Can you check it out and let me know what you think? I have sample rounds up there right now. But, that said, I feel like there is something really simple that I am overlooking.

I have looked at Neg5, but it is very slow and seems to crash with my data a lot. For example, it won't let me go back and edit data from a game I've added.
Herbie Brock
Rockcastle County Middle School
Cody
2008-09 Male Athlete of the Year

Re: Easily Posting "Live" HTML Files from SQBS to Own Website

Post by Cody »

You can upload stats to the HSQB DB by using "add a tournament" @ http://hsquizbowl.org/db/. Once you've added a tournament, you can edit it, "manage stat reports", and upload stats.
Cody Voight, VCU ’14.