ACRONYM XII at McMaster - February 24th, 2019

Old college threads.
kanenguyen9
Lulu

ACRONYM XII at McMaster - February 24th, 2019

Post by kanenguyen9 »

McMaster Quizbowl Club will be hosting ACRONYM XII on the Sunday after Spartan Housewrite. Information about the nature of the tournament and its pack distribution can be found via the following link.

Location and Start Time
McMaster University Student Centre will be the specific location of the tournament, with the control room to be determined. We will be starting the first round at 9:30am, so please arrive around 9:00am to ensure that all staffers, players, and buzzers are accounted for.

Registration and Fees
Registration for this tournament will be open until the noon of Thursday, February 21st, where teams wishing to register can contact me via [email protected] or via Facebook to confirm their spot. Fees associated with the tournament will be the following:
-- Base fee for each player: $25 (this was increased from $20 after some review)
-- Buzzer discount: -$5 per player on team
-- 'Peter Cordeiro Memorial' discount: -$5 per player that is a part of a 'Peter Cordeiro'-lead team

Fees are to be settled during the day of the tournament, where teams can pay via cash/cheque/etransfer. Please do not etransfer the fee to my e-mail.

Miscellaneous
This tournament is open. Anyone can join this tournament and also bring their friends along.

I will try my best to send out the day schedule and staffer assignments during the night of Thursday 21st to ensure that everyone is on the same page.

:party: Uhhh, it's TRASH. What more can I say? Hope to see everyone here on Sunday! :party:

Field
Kane's Team (Why was that tree speaking Vietnamese to me?)
Aaron's Team
Meghan's Team
Paul's Team (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sardines?)
Aayush's Team (Lady Gaga will win an Oscar later tonight)
Leslie's Team
Jay's Jabronies
Kane Nguyen
Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute (2013 - 2017)
McMaster University (2017 - 2022)
McMaster University (2022 - 2024)
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Re: ACRONYM XII at McMaster - February 24th, 2019

Post by kanenguyen9 »

The following file provides the ACRONYM schedule for Sunday.
Attachments
ACRONYM 12 Schedule.pdf
(30.64 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Kane Nguyen
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Re: ACRONYM XII at McMaster - February 24th, 2019

Post by kanenguyen9 »

There had been a lot of reshuffling that had to occur on McMaster's end where a new revised schedule had to produced ina really late notice. The following schedule is the new schedule that we will follow now.

I will also personally Facebook and/or email the new schedule to all registrants to make sure the new schedule gets to everyone. Tournament start time will stay at 9:30 am.
Attachments
__Revised__ ACRONYM 12 Schedule.pdf
(29.72 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Kane Nguyen