Clearinghouse for Random Packet Announcements

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.

Re: Clearinghouse for Random Packet Announcements

Postby Cheynem » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:47 pm

Aakash Patel won both packets, the first in somewhat strong fashion and the second in absolutely dominant fashion.
Mike Cheyne
The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah
Cheynem
Auron

Postby hftf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:45 am

I will read my team's essentially unused CO packet for fun on the quizbowl Discord server. Join the #packet text channel and the "Packet reading" audio channel at 9:15 EDT tonight (Thursday, July 27).
Ophir
Maryland
Walter Johnson
hftf
Lulu

Postby UlyssesInvictus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 pm

hftf wrote:I will read my team's essentially unused CO packet for fun on the quizbowl Discord server. Join the #packet text channel and the "Packet reading" audio channel at 9:15 EDT tonight (Thursday, July 27).

I will also do this for our unused packet, either late tomorrow night at 10 EDTish or Sunday afternoon (assume former if no further updates).

Did Ophir's packet not get read? (I heard mention of something like that due to another packet reading)
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
Ex-Writer for NAQT
UlyssesInvictus
Tidus

Postby sephirothrr » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:01 pm

I've posted this elsewhere as well, but I'm planning on reading the remainder of the edited CO packets over Discord in the near future. Please respond to this poll to let me know when would be the best time.

edit: fixed link: http://www.strawpoll.me/13560297
Ramapriya Rangaraju
University of Louisville 2009 - ??
duPont Manual High School 2005-2009
Birdofredum Sawin wrote:If you don't want to be regarded as a "raving lunatic," it might be advisable to rave less, or at least to do so in a less loony manner.
sephirothrr
Quizbowl Detective Extraordinaire

Postby sephirothrr » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:24 pm

So it looks like today is the most popular day, I'll be reading at 9:00 EDT tonight on discord! I hope to see people there!
Ramapriya Rangaraju
Birdofredum Sawin wrote:If you don't want to be regarded as a "raving lunatic," it might be advisable to rave less, or at least to do so in a less loony manner.
sephirothrr

Postby sephirothrr » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:37 pm

This happened - Eric and Jordan thoroughly beat up the packets, in that order; results are here:

edit: fixed: http://i.imgur.com/ZORRqRj.png
Ramapriya Rangaraju
sephirothrr

Postby The Assoluta Voice in Opera, 1797-1847 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:33 am

I'm reading a 20/20 opera pack I wrote for VETO on discord some time in the next two weeks. Would those interested please indicate their preferred times here: https://www.when2meet.com/?6267459-qcOWs
Thank you!
Zhenglin Liu
University of Toronto MechEng 1T9, Engineering Science dropout
The Assoluta Voice in Opera, 1797-1847
Lulu

Postby The Assoluta Voice in Opera, 1797-1847 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Opera will be read at 9pm EST tomorrow (Aug 18).
Zhenglin Liu
Lulu

Postby The Assoluta Voice in Opera, 1797-1847 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Thank you everyone who played! Jakob Myers won with 90, and everyone working together put up a PPB of 6.5.
Zhenglin Liu
Lulu

Postby Habitat_Against_Humanity » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Hey all,

This is just a quick announcement for what I'm tentatively calling "Songs for David Seal: A Mountain Goats Packet". Accepting applications for better names, though.

Yep, it's a set of likely 15-40 tossups about the best of all possible bands, The Mountain Goats. It's gonna probably end up being mostly common links on themes and ideas found across the band's voluminous discography (deep cuts and demos especially included), but questions on specific songs/albums/etc will be there as well. On a difficulty scale of 1 to "What on God's Green Earth is wrong with you!", it's hard to tell, but I imagine it'll appear closer to the latter if you're not the type to spend time trying to justify spending $300+ on a copy of Come, Come to the Sunset Tree (which ended up being a moot point; I lost the eBay auction). If you're a casual fan, you'll probably won't be powering a ton, but I imagine you'll be able to at least answer a number of questions. I know there's a number of tMG fans around here, so hopefully this has something of an audience.

I'll probably be done sometime December-ish, so this might make an appearance at Festivus; I doubt it'll be done much before then. I'll read it on IRC or Discord or whatever. Is this something people would be interested in hearing?
Nolan -
UChicago 09
Michigan State Well-wisher
Habitat_Against_Humanity
Rikku

Postby hydrocephalitic listlessness » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:18 am

yes!!
Will
East Chapel Hill '12
Harvard '16
hydrocephalitic listlessness
Forums Staff: Moderator

Postby Who Cares About Nausinous » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Hey, since my last planned attempt to read PACENSC (http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... 19&t=19877) failed miserably, I plan on reading the set on Thursday, 10/19, at 5pm EST on the quizbowl Discord. If you want to hear lots and lots of Pokémon tossups be sure to stop by!
Last edited by Who Cares About Nausinous on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luc Wetherbee, the kid with the flower
Ithaca High School '17
Cornell '21
Ok at myth
Who Cares About Nausinous
Lulu

Postby Sit Room Guy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Who Cares About Nausinous wrote:Hey, since my last planned attempt to read PACENSC (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19877) failed miserably, I plan on reading the set on Thursday, 10/17, at 5pm EST on the quizbowl Discord. If you want to hear lots and lots of Pokémon tossups be sure to stop by!

I'll be there.
Jakob Myers
The Michigan State University '19ish, Naperville North '17
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
Admin, ILQBM
Sit Room Guy
Rikku

Postby Sit Room Guy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:13 am

Instead of studying for finals, I'm currently working on a BoJack Horseman packet that should be finished by New Year's. I would read it at Festivus, but it has bonuses.
Jakob Myers
The Michigan State University '19ish, Naperville North '17
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
Admin, ILQBM
Sit Room Guy
Rikku

Postby Neggman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Sit Room Guy wrote:Instead of studying for finals, I'm currently working on a BoJack Horseman packet that should be finished by New Year's. I would read it at Festivus, but it has bonuses.

Awesome
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '20
Neggman
Lulu

Postby _nestorius » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Sit Room Guy wrote:Instead of studying for finals, I'm currently working on a BoJack Horseman packet that should be finished by New Year's. I would read it at Festivus, but it has bonuses.

I would enjoy playing this. I've entertained the idea of writing something like this before, but never followed through.
Mitch Baron
Illinois Valley Central High School '16
New York University '20
_nestorius
Kimahri

Previous

Return to Trash