ACRONYM IX: Global Announcement

Old college threads.
InvadErGII
Rikku

ACRONYM IX: Global Announcement

Post by InvadErGII »

I'm pleased to announce that Armstrong's Conceivably Regular or Nearly Yearly Meet, a high school pop culture tournament, will have its ninth iteration in 2016. Like last year, the set will be house-written, primarily by Erik Nelson (that's me), Matt Quinn, members of the Robbinsdale Armstrong quiz bowl team, and other cool and attractive contributors. I will also be the head editor of the tournament. Additional details are as follows:

DISTRIBUTION

ACRONYM IX will consist of eleven packets of tossups and bonuses with the following distribution:

3/3 TV
3/3 Movies
3/3 Music
3/3 Sports
2/2 Games
1.5/1.5 Trash Lit
1.5/1.5 "Trash News"
3/3 Other/Multi-discipline

SO WHAT'S DIFFERENT?

ACRONYM IX will likely be just a little bit harder than last year's set, but still within the realm of high school difficulty. Also, per official ACRONYM policy, the questions themselves will be different.

WHERE TO PLAY

Currently, the following tournaments and mirrors have been confirmed and announced:

- The "flagship" tournament at Robbinsdale Armstrong High School on Saturday, February 27th. If you're a high school team and would like to attend, send an email to Matt_Quinn AT rdale DOT org.
- NAQT is sanctioning an official ACRONYM mirror at the 2016 HSNCT, to be held on Sunday, May 29th. For more details, see this thread.

If you or a loved one would like to hold an ACRONYM mirror of your own, drop me a line at erikhasemail at the email service provided by The Google.
Erik Nelson
Director, Minnesota High School Quiz Bowl
President, Play Quiz Bowl LLC
www.bouncebackfoundation.org
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Re: ACRONYM IX: Global Announcement

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

Are there plans to mirror this at NSC again? Apologies if there are and I've negligently not looked hard enough yet.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
InvadErGII
Rikku

Re: ACRONYM IX: Global Announcement

Post by InvadErGII »

UlyssesInvictus wrote:Are there plans to mirror this at NSC again? Apologies if there are and I've negligently not looked hard enough yet.
I am not currently planning on this.
Erik Nelson
Director, Minnesota High School Quiz Bowl
President, Play Quiz Bowl LLC
www.bouncebackfoundation.org