BUTT mirror at uWaterloo (12-13 Dec)

Old college threads.
Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer
Rikku

BUTT mirror at uWaterloo (12-13 Dec)

Post by Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer »

The University of Waterloo is pleased to announce we will be hosting an open eligibility mirror of BUTT on the weekend of the 12th and 13th of December, 2015. The set was announced here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18129. This is part of our longstanding commitment to supporting Eliza Grames's excellent trash-writing.

Also this weekend will see mirrors of both Delta Burke and MK-ULTRA, so everyone should come and be merry. We're not quite set on when BUTT will take place, and welcome suggestions regarding the same. My current thought is that if Delta Burke ends early enough on Saturday, we can squeeze it in entirely on Saturday, the 12th. If not, we might consider doing it in two halves, 4 rounds on the Saturday, and 4 on the Sunday. Again, suggestions are welcome.

We're offering per-player rates for this tournament in an attempt to enlarge the field-size, and encourage people to take advantage of that! Note that thought the fees are per-player, we're still conducting this according to standard QuizBowl, TU-bonus cycle, teams-of-4 format (although we suspect most teams will be well under 4 people).

Fees:

Player base fee: $25
Discount if you played Delta Burke: -$5
Discount if you played / will play MK-ULTRA: -$5
Discount if you played both Delta Burke and MK-ULTRA*: -$5

*Yes, this is in addition to the two -$5s for DB and MKULTRA.

I'll probably be serving as TD, unless we have enough staffers that allows me to play. MC 2054 is base.
Aayush Rajasekaran (he/him or she/her)
University of Waterloo, 2016
University of Waterloo, 2018
Fado Alexandrino
Yuna

Re: BUTT mirror at uWaterloo (12-13 Dec)

Post by Fado Alexandrino »

3lazy5stats tonight, I'll post them when I get back to Ottawa on Monday.
Joe Su, OCT
Lisgar 2012, McGill 2015, McGill 2019, Queen's 2020
Fado Alexandrino
Yuna

Re: BUTT mirror at uWaterloo (12-13 Dec)

Post by Fado Alexandrino »

We split the tournament into two parts, first a 6 team round robin then instead of a rebracket we ran a 4 team round robin with merged teams after it was getting late and some people had to leave.
Joe Su, OCT
Lisgar 2012, McGill 2015, McGill 2019, Queen's 2020