CO Trash Mirror @ Toronto (10/30/2016)

Old college threads.
adosreme
Rikku

CO Trash Mirror @ Toronto (10/30/2016)

Post by adosreme »

Hello! The University of Toronto will be holding a mirror of CO Trash on October 30, 2016, the Sunday after Penn Bowl. This mirror will be open, meaning that anyone can play with anyone else that they wish.

More information on this set can be found at http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... 19&t=17269

Time And Location

This tournament will be held in Sid Smith Hall with SS2101 being the control room. Please be there by 8:30am, as we will be starting immediately at 9. We wish to have the tournament wrapped up in time to allow people travelling from far away to catch trains and otherwise make it home at a decent time.

Fees And Registration

Base fee: $120
Working Buzzer Discount: $5
Moderator Discount: $10
Travel Discount: $10 per 322km one way as determined by Google Maps
*NEW* Spooky Discount: $10 if at least two people on your team show up wearing a Halloween costume
Minimum fee: $50

To register, send an email at [email protected] and let me know (a) who you plan to play with and (b) which discounts you would like to claim. There is a field cap of 7 teams, but that may be raised if our staffing situation allows for it.

All fees and discounts are in Canadian dollars. You can pay by cash, cheque, or e-transfer. All cheques should be made out to "University Of Toronto Academic Trivia Club." I will accept payment at any time up to the start of the tournament, but you will not get to play if you have not paid by then.

If you wish to pay in American dollars, then I will accept them at whatever the exchange rate is that day.

See you on All Hallows' Eve Eve!

Field

Joe Su's Team
Cooper's Team
Paul's Team
Craig's Team
Leslie's Team
Last edited by adosreme on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aaron Dos Remedios
Formerly of the Waterloo School of Abstruse Canadian Inside Jokes (University of Waterloo)
CraigM
Lulu

Re: CO Trash Mirror @ Toronto (10/30/2016)

Post by CraigM »

A team of (at least) myself, Jay Misuk and Victor Ferreira will be there, assuming this is still going on?
Craig Moysey
McMaster University '11
adosreme
Rikku

Post by adosreme »

CraigM wrote:A team of (at least) myself, Jay Misuk and Victor Ferreira will be there, assuming this is still going on?
Yes, this is still happening.

Also, if anyone is interested in playing this tournament but doesn't have teammates, please let me know or sign up in this thread as a free agent and we'll do what we can to find you some.
Aaron Dos Remedios
Formerly of the Waterloo School of Abstruse Canadian Inside Jokes (University of Waterloo)
adosreme
Rikku

Post by adosreme »

Here is the logistics email for this event:

Greetings!

Thank you for participating in the Toronto mirror of CO Trash on Sunday. This tournament will be held in Sidney Smith Hall (SS).

I am asking that teams meet in the control room, SS2101, at 8:30am. Games will begin at 9am. If you are later than this, you risk the tournament starting without you.

Schedule: We currently have five teams in the field. We will therefore be playing a 10-round, double round robin with each team having two byes. Lunch will be after round 5 and will last for approximately one hour. Our estimated ending time is 5pm.

The set comprises thirteen packets, so after the tournament proper, you are invited to stay and scrimmage on the remaining three packets, time permitting.

Note On Rosters: Due to short notice demand, one or more teams are currently fielding extra members. At this point, I am allowing these teams to start five players in their rounds. If our staffing situation allows on the morning of the tournament, we can rearrange these rosters to create a field of six teams, eliminating byes on the schedule. Fees for these teams will be adjusted appropriately.

Payment: I am asking that all teams settle payment with me before the tournament begins. I can accept cash or cheque on the morning of, or you can eTransfer the money to me before Saturday night and I will settle it with the club (please contact me beforehand if you wish to use this option). Cheques should be made out to the University Of Toronto Academic Trivia Club.

Contact: If you need to contact me at any time regarding this tournament, you can reach my cell at [REDACTED].

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you on Sunday morning!
Aaron Dos Remedios
Fado Alexandrino
Yuna

Post by Fado Alexandrino »

Stat posting has been delayed due to An Unfortunate Incident. They should be up by the end of tomorrow.
Joe Su, OCT
Lisgar 2012, McGill 2015, McGill 2019, Queen's 2020
adosreme
Rikku

Post by adosreme »

raffi_-_c-a-n-a-d-a.mp3 wrote:Stat posting has been delayed due to An Unfortunate Incident. They should be up by the end of tomorrow.
In case you haven't seen it, the stats can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/3992/

After a 10-round double round robin, "Alt Bright" beat "Buy Civ 6 On iTunes" in the second game of an advantage final after dropping the first to win the tournament. Congratulations to them!

Also, thank you to everyone who gave up their Sunday to staff this tournament (a special shout out to Adam Swift who came all the way from New York *and* also staffed our Penn Bowl mirror the day before) and I hope everyone had a very enjoyable time!
Aaron Dos Remedios