For the U.S.A. and all the Southern Countries: 2019 Film Set

Old college threads.
Cheynem
Sin

For the U.S.A. and all the Southern Countries: 2019 Film Set

Post by Cheynem »

Like my former Minnesota colleagues, I believe in announcing tournaments early, so here is an announcement that I will do another set in the style of Shoney's that will hopefully be done by late summer 2019.

I hope to have 10 packets this go-around. The packets, like this time, will not be balanced by any sort of distribution.

I plan on more or less trying the style of Shoney's in that most of the tossups will be on things that aren't films, directors, or actors. I can't totally promise that this time around, but I will say that especially for the actor tossups, I will try and have some sort of theme (i.e., the tossup is really on one role or on similar roles) and not just a random filmography.

The set will again match my interests in film, although I am (sort of) shooting to have a slightly better representation of time periods and avoid repeating movies too much from the first set. For those who don't know, I more or less did the first set by just writing tossups based on a long list of movies I watched (although not every movie worked for a tossup, hence some of the common links and repeats), and that's what I'm doing between now and then.

I will try and not have 8 different James Bond tossups this time, but I can't promise anything.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
orgoman
Lulu

Re: For the U.S.A. and all the Southern Countries: 2019 Film

Post by orgoman »

I am incredibly excited to play this and I will probably defend my neg title from Shoneys.
Ronald "Chip" Horton
Peripatetic Reader and Quizbowl Enthusiast