John Daly 2 at Toronto (January 27th, 2019)

Old college threads.
everdiso
Wakka

John Daly 2 at Toronto (January 27th, 2019)

Post by everdiso »

On Sunday, January 27th, the day after our mirror of ACF Regionals, the University of Toronto will be mirroring the second John Daly Memorial Tournament. More information on the tournament can be found at the global announcement.

Logistics

The tournament will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 27th. It will take place at Sidney Smith Hall, on the west side of St. George Street slightly south of Harbord Street. Control will be room 2127. Note that the tournament will begin at 9:00 a.m. sharp, so all players should be in the control room by 8:45. If you are at all late, the tournament will still start at 10:00 without you.

Prices and Payment

Base fee: $120
Shorthanded discount: $20 per missing player.
Buzzer discount: $10 per functioning system
Travel discount: $10 if everyone on your team is at least 200 kilometres away from U of T.
Early payment discount: $10 if you pay me online by Thursday, January 24th (or, like, fucking mail a cheque that gets to me by then or something, I guess??). E-transfers can be sent to [email protected].
Penalty: $10 will be added to your fee per buzzer set or staffer that you sign up to bring but show up without. This will not apply if you let me know beforehand (this does not mean the morning of or night before) that you won't be bringing them, or if there's a legitimate reason (e.g. the would-be staffer is sick).

In addition, staffers will get a free lunch up to $15 as long as they show up on time to start round 1 at 9:00 and the first round after lunch at the time it is set for.

Payment will be accepted in etransfer to [email protected], cash or cheque made out to "University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club".

Registration

To register, message me on Facebook or email me at either [email protected] or [email protected]. Include your school name, the number of teams and any discounts you might qualify for in the email or message. The registration deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, January 20th.

Field

Ian, Jenny, Paul, Rein
Luc, Milan, Simone, Tim Kwan
Colin, Gareth, Ian, John
Samir, Talia
Aayush, Christine, Erik, Jay
Adam, Brian, Leslie, Raymond

Comment in this thread, message me or email me if you have any questions. I hope to see many of you there!
Paul Kasiński
University of Toronto, 2020