Fundrasing for HSNCT

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
LaurenJernstadt
Lulu

Fundrasing for HSNCT

Post by LaurenJernstadt »

Hello everyone! My name is Lauren jernstadt, and I am the captain of the Fulton High School Varsity QuizBowl Team. This year, our team will be the first in the history of our school to attend the High School National Championship Tournament. However, we are in need of the funds to alleviate the costs that come with this trip. We already held a Spaghetti Dinner this past February and raised $2100, helping to cover what was left of our SSNCT balance and covering almost half of our HSNCT balance. Our balance now stands at $1,317, meaning each team mate would have to pay $120 out of pocket to cover the balance. Our coach has not yet factored in the possible $50+ extra per plane ticket.
What fundraising efforts have your teams partaken in to cover these last few funds? We have already done a spaghetti dinner, pop can drives, and written stacks of grants! We need something that can appeal to either students at my school of 191 high schoolers or our town that is stuck in the middle of nowhere, Michigan! Thank you everyone:)
Lauren Jernstadt
Fulton High School Varsity Captain
2016-2017 Quiz Bowl Season