HSAPQ open call for writers

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Matt Weiner
Sin

HSAPQ open call for writers

Post by Matt Weiner »

Hey, anyone who didn't receive an invitation recently and would like to write for HSAPQ is welcome to take the following steps to apply.

1) Write (or select from your previous work) 5 tossups and 5 bonus questions that represent the diversity of the subjects you would feel comfortable writing regularly for HSAPQ. I.e: If the only thing you can write well is chemistry, write 5/5 chemistry; if you would like to write in every area of literature, arts, and social science, then write some questions in each of those areas, etc.

2) Send those questions to me at [email protected] and note whether they are your previous work or original questions for this purpose. If the latter, and you are accepted, they will in fact be used in HSAPQ sets. You will be judged on both your ability to write high-quality, readable questions and your ability to write questions at the difficulty level expected of HSAPQ's (non-NASAT) sets; see our sets from last year if you need a refresher on what this is.

You should expect a reply shortly with further instructions if you are invited to join HSAPQ. All collegiate and post-collegiate quizbowl personalities are welcome to apply. Current high schoolers should not apply unless you expect to foreswear playing any HSAPQ event ever again and your teammates/coach are okay with this.

You can also contact me with any questions. We are already beginning our production cycle for the 2010-2011 year, but we will accept applications on a rolling basis.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org