Missing threads

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Missing threads

Post by Matt Weiner »

I'm working on the problem. More info as it comes in.
Last edited by Matt Weiner on Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

OK, I don't know if those threads are coming back. I'm still trying some things. Just in case, the essential stuff should be preserved. Please follow the below instructions and pass the info on to other tournament hosts, etc.

*If you posted a tournament announcement that is still valid, and you don't see it now, repost it.

*If you posted tournament results that you don't see, either 1) submit them directly to the database from the main site or 2) repost them. For collegians, repost them if this is the only place you put them. If they are already on Yahoo or collegequizbowl.org you probably don't need to repost them here.

*If you have a copy of anything else that you or someone else posted that you feel needs to be available, feel free to repost it.

I apologize, what basically happened is I hit the wrong button in the management area and managed to knock out all threads except polls and threads active in the last week. As I said I am exploring some options on getting them back, but don't get your hopes up.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Sorry, I've tried all possible avenues and it looks like those threads will not be coming back. I've implemented safeguards to prevent this happening in the future. Feel free to re-start threads on any topics you feel are important.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

I recovered a very small number of threads through Google's cache. I'm putting up the following five. The rest are all (high school) tournament results and will be added to the database on the main site if they are not there already.

Buzzerfest editing thoughts
ACF and difficulty
ACF's next generation
ACF Nationals editing thoughts
What's the problem here

I declare this thread open to posting "hey, I want everyone to remember that _____ was said here" so that we can figure out whether _____ actually was said. After a reasonable period all such allegations ought to end.
Leo Wolpert
Wakka

Post by Leo Wolpert »

Hey, remember that time Samer said nobody held a gun to our heads at Penn Bowl? Though technically true, I found that statement to be quite hilarious.