Valencia Fall CC Invitational Announcement

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Valencia Fall CC Invitational Announcement

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:56 am

Last year a couple Florida HS teams expressed interest (too late to have me change the field, unfortunately) in competing in the NAQT CC SCT that Valencia Community College (in Orlando) hosted. Well, if those schools (or any other HS team) are interested, Valencia will host its annual fall tournament, the Delta Burke (named for our most famous attendee), on Nov. 12 and 13.

This tournament is for CC teams, but I'm happy to have HS teams join as well, with one caveat: for space reasons, I have to cap at 28 teams, and I will give first priority to CC teams. However, the last couple years we've had 24-25 teams, so we should have a couple slots. In the unlikely case that more HS teams want to come than I have space for, I'll go by the order in which they contacted me.

The base fee is $125, and there are discounts for submitting packets and bringing buzzers and junk; if you're interested, contact me at cborglum@valenciacc.edu and I'll give you the details. The questions are mostly written by me, though I'll likely be sharing some with the U. Illinois HS tournament that takes place around the same time. I'd say the questions, on the whole, are a little easier than what I saw at the PACE NSC. Previous tournament sets can be accessed at the Stanford Archive.

Again, drop me a line if interested.
--chris borglum

Agent Smith
Lulu

Post by Agent Smith » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:05 pm

I doubt highly that my HS (Eastside) will be able to attend. However, thank you for having your 2001 questions in public domain; for free questions, they rock...