It's Academic

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Shweater
Lulu

It's Academic

Post by Shweater »

(I'm not sure if this belongs here or not. I suppose the moderators can move it if they think it should be elsewhere)

I was looking at the NBC's It's Ac website and saw the tv schedule. First of all, 87 teams are listed, a number that isn't divisible by 9. So I don't understand how the brackets will work. Second, some of the brackets (at least the one gds is in) seems similar, perhaps too much so, to the bracket last year.

Maybe I'm missing something, but there are problems with the schedule right? :(

the schedule can be found here: http://www.nbc4.com/itsacademic/3511264/detail.html

why the brackets dont work: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/q ... ackets.jpg

Shweta

(someone please AIM me if you figure out what's going on)
"What makes you think she's a witch?"
"Well she turned me into a newt."
"A newt?"
"...I got better."
Dan Greenstein
Yuna

Post by Dan Greenstein »

On the NBC-4 website, there are listed matches for Dec [blank] and Dec 20, which are dates from last year that were won by Churchill and Whitman. If you check all of the schools listed for those dates, they come up twice. There are your offending listings.
bigtrain
Rikku

Post by bigtrain »

My coach told us that assuming both teams make it, WJ would be playing TJ in the third round...how fun :roll: . On a side note, there is a good chance that Holton Arms will be playing their brother school, Landon, in the second round. I really feel bad for those boys because they are going to get owned.

jewtemplar
Wakka

Post by jewtemplar »

bigtrain wrote:My coach told us that assuming both teams make it, WJ would be playing TJ in the third round...how fun :roll:
TJ making it to the third round? That's quite an assumption.
Howard
Tidus

Post by Howard »

You couldn't expect anything other than a difficult semifinal, could you? In DC, just making it to the semis is a significant accomplishment. Look at all the schools on the list, then consider which ones you'd rather not play because they might beat you. That'll wake you up real quick.
John Gilbert
Coach, Howard High School Academic Team
Ellicott City, MD

"John Gilbert is a quiz bowl god" -- leftsaidfred
bigtrain
Rikku

Post by bigtrain »

I just looked at the brackets and it looks like Richard Montgomery will most likely be playing Blair in the second round. It should be a tough game, although I don't know how good Blair will be next year with the loss of a few of their key players.