2012 NHBB National Championships - Apr 28-29, Washington DC

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Great Bustard
Auron

2012 NHBB National Championships - Apr 28-29, Washington DC

Post by Great Bustard »

The National History Bee and Bowl is pleased to announce that its second National Championships will be held on April 28-29 in Washington, DC. All the other important details will be forthcoming, but note: this date should not conflict with any testing dates or collegiate Nationals, nor does it conflict with Easter or Passover. This should ensure a great turnout, not only among teams that qualify, but also for collegiate staffers, which will help things tremendously. Also, as was the case last year, the entirety of the Bowl will be played on Saturday, and the entirety of the Bee will be played on Sunday, but unlike last year, there will be an introductory meeting on Friday evening at the hotel (which is TBD). Furthermore, I expect that at a minimum, the Varsity Bowl playoffs on Saturday evening, along with all of the Bee prelims on Sunday morning will be held at the hotel as well.
As for the Regionals, we expect to have about 60 regional tournaments around the country next year, and quite likely at the American School of Paris, Shanghai American School, and schools in the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico as well. HSAPQ will be the sole provider of all questions at all NHBB events (including the Regional and National Bees) next year. If you are interested in writing for us, please contact HSAPQ. If your school is interested in hosting an NHBB regional tournament next year (perks include free Bee and Bowl entry, and a discount at Nationals), please let me know as soon as possible.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the National History Bee and Bowl this year, and we look forward to a great second year of history tournaments beginning in October!
Best,
David
N.B. - I will be reading at both HSNCT and NSC over the next two weeks. Please track me down at either of those tournaments if you will be attending and have any NHBB related questions, otherwise, email or private message me, of course.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad