Olmsted Falls Battle Buzz February 11, 2012 NAQT IS 111

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
rhonnasmith
Lulu

Olmsted Falls Battle Buzz February 11, 2012 NAQT IS 111

Post by rhonnasmith »

Hello all!

This will serve as the announcement of the Olmsted Falls Bulldog Battle Buzz on February 11, 2012.

Olmsted Falls High School is located in North East Ohio in Cuyahoga County. It is conviently located by I 90, I 480, and the Ohio Turnpike (I 80). If you need an address to put into mapquest to determine travel, please use Olmsted Falls High School, 26939 Bagley Road, Olmsted Falls, OH 44138.

For this tournament, we will use the NAQT IS 111 question set.
This is a Tossup-Bonus format tournament
We will follow NAQT Tournament rules, however, rounds will not be timed and we will follow the 20 TU per round format unless a tiebreaker is needed.

The fee structure is as follows:
1st team $70, 2nd team $60, 3rd or more $50.
Buzzer discount is $5 for working buzzer systems. If you bring more than one team, you can take the discount for more than one set of buzzers (up to the number of teams registered).
If you bring more than one team, you MUST bring a reader! We will have a JV bracket if there is enough interest.

Registration deadline is February 4, 2012. Registration is complete once payment is made. Please email your intent to participate as soon as possible to [email protected] , this enables us to adequately plan the proper number of rooms, readers, and lunches for the tournament. I understand that school PO’s take time to process. If it is more convenient, you can bring the payment the day of the tournament, but I must have your firm commitment no later than February 4. If a phone number is needed for your purchase order please use 440-427-6447, this is my extension at school.

There won’t be time to leave for lunch. We will provide a pizza lunch with pizza, chips, drink, and apple for $5. There will be additional snacks available as well. If you leave, and play resumes and you are not back, you will forfeit missed questions/match.

Registration will be 8:00-8:30am, with a reader's meeting at 8:30 and a team meeting at 8:45. We hope to begin play by 9:00am.

Please make checks payable to: Olmsted Falls Academic Team
Please mail/email this registration along with your payment to:
Olmsted Falls Academic Team
c/o Rhonna Smith, Coach
Falls Lenox Primary School
26450 Bagley Road
Olmsted Falls, OH 44138

If you have any questions, please email me or post your questions to this board.

Registered Teams (as of 1/9/12):
Warren G Harding 1V, 1 buzzer
Northmont 1V, 1 buzzer
Solon 2V
Olmsted Falls 3 V, 2JV - 5 buzzers
N. Olmsted 1V, 1 JV
The Elms 1V - 1 buzzer
Wickliffe 2V, 1 JV - 1 buzzer
Cloverleaf ?
Hawken 2V, 1JV
Ottawa Hills 1V, 1JV
Firestone 1V, 1 JV
Copley 2V, 1JV - up to 4 buzzers
Southeast 1V, 1JV
Beachwood 1V?
Tippecanoe 1V

Last bumped by rhonnasmith on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:39 pm.
Rhonna M. Smith
Olmsted Falls High School, Ohio
Academic Team Coach (2007-present)
Elyria Catholic High School '74
B.A. '91 Baldwin Wallace College
M.A. '97 Ashland University
M.A. '07 Baldwin Wallace College