STOP BEING STUPID

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Cheynem
Sin

STOP BEING STUPID

Post by Cheynem »

Hello.

I have been asked to make an announcement (which I wholeheartedly agree with).

This board has certain rules. By forming an account here, you are agreeing to these rules and terms. Attempts to violate these rules, no matter what cloak of free speech and liberalism one attaches to it, is disrespectful, rude, foolish, and must not be tolerated. I do not agree with every rule on this board, but I follow it. That's because I'm an adult. If there's something you don't agree with or a rule you don't wish to follow, do it in literally the 99% of other venues that allow you do it online.

Any future "look at how cool I am in supporting some stupid cause" activities (anime-related or not) will not be tolerated.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Matt Weiner
Sin

Re: STOP BEING STUPID

Post by Matt Weiner »

Hey, to reiterate, the relevant rules are:

1) There is nothing related to anime permitted on the board.
2) What constitutes anime is at the sole discretion of the staff.
3) The staff are not idiots and are under no obligation to indulge attempts to push and cross the line just to be cute or make some ridiculous point.

This means, among other things: if your avatar has been deleted three times because the staff thinks it's anime and you've already been banned for participating in troll attacks on the forum, stop uploading your avatar.

We have already declared the end of indulgence for this nonsense, and as a result the bans will continue, without prior warnings, for people who insist on acting like children. These are the quizbowl forums. They are not the anime forums, the Internet humor forums, or the rules lawyering forums. Cut this stuff out. End of discussion.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org