Ohio State/VCU Spring is looking for mirrors!

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Rufous-capped Thornbill
Tidus

Ohio State/VCU Spring is looking for mirrors!

Post by Rufous-capped Thornbill »

Hello,

I know it is late in the year, but on behalf of my fellow writers and editors of the collaborative set produced by members of the OSU and VCU academic teams, I would like to offer the use of our set for the price of $10 per team in attendance. It has been used at Ohio State on 3/3 and will be used at VCU on 3/10.

Difficulty: The set was used yesterday, March 3rd, at Ohio State, and was very well received and after having seen it played I can say that it is one of the most difficulty-appropriate "regular" difficulty high school sets floating around this year. Stats for that tournament can be found here

Format: Our tossups are all 6 lines or slightly less (+/- a word or two) before power making and numbering. We have produced 13 packets of 21 tossups and 21 bonuses.

Distribution: The set's distribution is as follows:

4/4 Literature (1.25/1.25 American, 1.25/1.25 British, 1/1 European, .5/.5 World)
4/4 History (1/1 American, 1/1 European, 1/1 World, 1/1 British Commonwealth)
4/4 Science (1/1 Biology, 1/1 Chemistry, 1/1 Physics, 1/1 Earth Science, Noncomputational Math, Astronomy, Computer Science, misc other science)
3/3 Fine Arts (1/1 Painting, 1/1 Classical Music, 1/1 Other Art including Opera, Photography, Film, Architecture, etc.)
2/2 RM (1/1 Religion, 1/1 Mythology)
1/1 Geography
.5/.5 Philosophy
.5/.5 Social Science
.5/.5 Trash
.5/.5 Current Events

If you are interested in mirroring this set, and you should be, please contact me at giantkiller54[at]gmail[dot]com

Thank you!

EDIT: fixed some things
Jarret Greene
South Range '10 / Ohio State '13 / Vermont '17