Open Summer Practices at the University of Delaware

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Black-throated Antshrike
Rikku

Open Summer Practices at the University of Delaware

Post by Black-throated Antshrike »

I am pleased to announce that the University of Delaware will be hosting open summer practices on Tuesdays at 7PM for the rest of the summer. Everyone is welcome to come and participate in this, whether you are in college or high school. We will read whatever people want to hear, so you should not be discouraged from coming.

We will be meeting in Memorial 113. The best place to park would be at Kent(lot 28) and walk over to Memorial hall. You shouldn't park in the Perkins or Trabant Garages, as they are super expensive and unnecessary after 5PM
Joe
Delaware
Down and out in Quintana Roo
Auron

Re: Open Summer Practices at the University of Delaware

Post by Down and out in Quintana Roo »

Black-throated Antshrike wrote:We will be meeting in Memorial 113. The best place to park would be at Kent(lot 28) and walk over to Memorial hall. You shouldn't park in the Perkins or Trabant Garages, as they are super expensive and unnecessary after 5PM
That's a free lot? I thought that was one of the ones you can be ticketed for parking in...

Also,
Everyone is welcome to come and participate in this, whether you are in college or high school. We will read whatever people want to hear, so you should not be discouraged from coming.
How about high school coaches? I'll see if i can bring some kids, but man i can't resist an open buzzer if there's one there.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Caesar Rodney High School
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
University of Delaware '01-'05
CRHS quizbowl coach '06-'12
http://crquizbowl.edublogs.org
Black-throated Antshrike
Rikku

Down and out in Quintana Roo wrote:
Black-throated Antshrike wrote:We will be meeting in Memorial 113. The best place to park would be at Kent(lot 28) and walk over to Memorial hall. You shouldn't park in the Perkins or Trabant Garages, as they are super expensive and unnecessary after 5PM
That's a free lot? I thought that was one of the ones you can be ticketed for parking in...
After 5pm it is free to park there so you will be fine. Any and all or welcome regardless of association, so yes even coaches are welcome to show up.
Joe
Delaware
Duckk
Lulu

Post by Duckk »

Hey Joe,

How will practices be set up? Will it be broken up by players' skills/level, tournament-style team play, regular team play (like HS practice) or solo play? And I was also wondering what kinds of sets you'll be running (HS, College, etc.)?

Sounds like an awesome opportunity to not get rusty! I hope to make it to a few practices.
Seth Ebner
Johns Hopkins University '2x
Washington University in St. Louis '17
Charter School of Wilmington '13
Black-throated Antshrike
Rikku

Duckk wrote:Hey Joe,

How will practices be set up? Will it be broken up by players' skills/level, tournament-style team play, regular team play (like HS practice) or solo play? And I was also wondering what kinds of sets you'll be running (HS, College, etc.)?

Sounds like an awesome opportunity to not get rusty! I hope to make it to a few practices.
We'll break practice up however people want and based off the number of people there. We'll also read something that is appropriate for everybody
Joe
Delaware
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

I imagine I'll come to this at least once or twice, and likely bring some Ridgewood kids.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
Down and out in Quintana Roo
Auron

Post by Down and out in Quintana Roo »

So, hey, the two of these have been fun, but more people would be awesome. So far we've only had totals of 8 and 7 people to this, and 1 person has to read obviously. We've just been reading EFT, so if you're a younger/less-experienced player, you shouldn't feel intimidated. I've brought two high school kids to this and they've enjoyed it immensely (and taken a few pages of notes already).
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Caesar Rodney High School
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
University of Delaware '01-'05
CRHS quizbowl coach '06-'12
http://crquizbowl.edublogs.org
Black-throated Antshrike
Rikku

Just wanted people to know that we will be having practice this week on Wednesday instead of tomorrow, in case anyone was interested in attending
Joe
Delaware