Any SE PA, Northern DE, SW New Jersey tournaments?

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
KateC
Kimahri

Any SE PA, Northern DE, SW New Jersey tournaments?

Post by KateC »

I coach an Academic Team in Chester County, PA, and am looking for Saturday tournaments for my rookies. Does anyone know of any within about an hour or hour and a half from Downingtown, PA (not far from Lancaster, Berks, Montgomery, Delaware Counties in PA or New Castle County in Delaware)? I really want to get a couple of these for kids to get experience. Thanks!
Kate Campbell
Downingtown High School West
dollmi
Lulu

Re: Any SE PA, Northern DE, SW New Jersey tournaments?

Post by dollmi »

Manheim Township (Lancaster, PA) is hoping to host the Eastern PA NAQT State Championship on April 5th. We've put the bid in for it and just have to wait until November to find out.

We are also hosting a middle school tournament on January 18th if you know any younger players that would like to attend. The tournament is restricted to 8th grade and below. We've love to have more local teams!

If you are looking for a list of all of the tournaments that are a reasonable distance for us, check out our website: http://www.mtquizbowl.net. Our calendar is on the main page of the site, and that includes the list of every tournament that we are attending. Ignore the list of all the practices and other dates! Just look for the Saturday dates. We're willing to travel about 4 hours for tournaments, but a lot of them are much closer (or would be to Chester County). Send me a message and I would be happy to send you more information.
Missy Doll-Osterhout
Coach, Manheim Township High School
KateC
Kimahri

Post by KateC »

Thanks, Missy. I think we used to come to an invitational at your school years ago when my son was on the team - late 90s. I appreciate ANY suggestions to get my rookies on the buzzers!
Kate Campbell
Downingtown High School West
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

This link shows all upcoming high school tournaments within 120 miles of Chester, PA:

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... =&enddate=

More results will come back as further events are announced and already-announced events are added to the database.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
Masked Canadian History Bandit
Rikku

Post by Masked Canadian History Bandit »

I'm not sure why QuAC V isn't showing up in Matt's link, but the University of Pennsylvania is hosting a tournament using HSAPQ 42 on 5 Oct.

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/1605/
Patrick Liao
Lisgar Collegiate Institute 2011, University of Pennsylvania 2015, University of Toronto Faculty of Law 2019
ScoBo
Rikku

Post by ScoBo »

Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:I'm not sure why QuAC V isn't showing up in Matt's link, but the University of Pennsylvania is hosting a tournament using HSAPQ 42 on 5 Oct.

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/1605/
Addresses are intermittently not being geocoded for some reason. I haven't had a chance to look into this. If an address is entered but no map appears on the listing page, it won't show up in search results due to this issue. When this happens, I can usually fix it by changing the address to something else, saving, and then changing it back and saving again (e.g. from "12345 Main Street" to "12345 Main St" and then back to "12345 Main Street" to match what the original user entered.) QuAC V should now show up in that results list. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jeffrey Hill • Missouri Quizbowl Alliance president • UMR/Missouri S&T 2009 • Liberty (MO) 2005
Post your tournaments, SQBS reports, and question sets to the Quizbowl Resource Center Database!
BroNi
Rikku

Post by BroNi »

There's this viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14810 and this viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14856.

They should have shown up in Matt's link but didn't.
Last edited by BroNi on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bro. Nigel, Coach, Kellenberg Memorial HS, NY
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

BroNi wrote:There's this viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14810 and this viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14856.

They should have shown up in Matth's link but didn't.
It looks like no one had entered those tournaments in the DB at all; I have corrected this.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org