The 2014 Scottie Invitaional - Glasgow KY

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Scottietodd
Wakka

The 2014 Scottie Invitaional - Glasgow KY

Post by Scottietodd »

Dear Quiz Bowl or Quick Recall Coach:

I trust you have had a great fall so far! The Glasgow Scottie Academic Team wishes to invite your team(s) to participate in the 2nd Annual Glasgow Scottie Invitational on Saturday, January 4th, 2014. We are located about 30 minutes east of Bowling Green, Kentucky off exit 15 on the Cumberland Parkway. Registration will be from 7:45 to 8:15, a coaches' meeting will follow at 8:30, and we plan to begin the first round promptly at 9:00.

I think folks had a positive experience with our tournament last year and we will work hard to have a great quiz bowl atmosphere with excellent moderating.

This will be an official NAQT tournament using IS-132 . We will be using bounce-back bonuses. We will have a pool play format (depending on field size) and will re-bracket into another set of pools in the afternoon that are based on performance in the morning.

You are welcome to enter more than one team in the field. The registration fee per team will be $70 (Schools that register by December 13th will only be charged $60 per team). One copy of preliminary round questions will be provided to each school for a fee of $5.

Please indicate your intention to participate by emailing [email protected].
You will be officially registered and will receive further information such as directions, lodging, etc… after you register. I will send you the registration form when I receive an email from you.

Sincerely,

Todd Garrison
Glasgow High School
Academic Team Coach
(270) 308-5847
Todd Garrison
Glasgow High School
Coach - 2012 to present