Group AA coordinator needed for VHSL State meet

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
STPickrell
Auron

Group AA coordinator needed for VHSL State meet

Post by STPickrell »

(Matt, please move this to the appropriate forum if it is in the incorrect place.)

The VHSL State meet is February 26 at William & Mary.

I am the director of the tournament. Adam Fine is the Group AAA coordinator and Marian Suter the Group A coordinator.

I am looking for someone out of high school to serve as the Group AA coordinator.

The duties will be:
(1) Assiting Adam, Marian and me during the moderator and judge meetings before the tournament
(2) Serving as "bracketmeister" for Group AA matches in the morning.
(3) Serving as moderator for Group AA matches after lunch.

The pay will be $133. Dinner Friday, if you are with me, is on me. All meals Saturday are on me. A hotel room in Williamsburg will also be on me.

If you are in the DC area or along the way, then I can provide a ride. I can pay mileage as well if you are coming from an area where I can't go (e.g. North Carolina).

Email me ([email protected]) if you are interested in this position. I will receive applications until February 3. If I receive multiple applications I will consider the following factors: Overall quizbowl experience, experience working with me and experience with VHSL teams.
Shawn Pickrell, HSAPQ CFO
STPickrell
Auron

Post by STPickrell »

Thanks to everyone who applied!

I have named Morgan Saxby to the position. He is a Mills Godwin alumnus (and Scholastic Bowl veteran) and past president of UVA's team and director of tournaments there.
Shawn Pickrell, HSAPQ CFO