HS Questions no longer urgently needed

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
AKKOLADE
Sin

HS Questions no longer urgently needed

Post by AKKOLADE »

So our vendor just notified me that he'll only be sending 10 rounds over for our tournament this Saturday. Now, I need at least 15 to make it work, unfortuantely, so things aren't looking too good.

If anyone could send me 5 to 7 rounds of toss-up/bonus format by 6 p.m. tomorrow night, I will send you the 10 rounds that I receive from our vendor. If that is not satisfactory, I will work out a monetary reimbursement for your efforts.

Our teams are:

Albert Gallatin A & B (Uniontown, PA )
Bridgeport A, B, C & D (Bridgeport, WV)
Charleston Catholic A & B (Charleston, WV)
Fisher Catholic (Lancaster, OH)
Parkersburg A & B (Parkersburg, WV)
Pickens (Pickens, WV)
Preston County (Kingwood, WV)
Ripley A & B (Ripley, WV)
Ritchie County (Ellenboro, WV)
Spotswood (Penn Laird, VA)
Tippecanoe A, B & C (Tipp City, OH)

Any help sending questions that have not been exposed to these teams would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,

Fred Morlan
WVWC Academic Team, VP of Hosting
Last edited by AKKOLADE on Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotBhan
Rikku

Post by NotBhan »

Not that I've got 5 rounds lying around to send, but ... what format? What kind of questions are you looking for? What approximate kind of distribution? And who's the vendor in question?

--Raj Dhuwalia
"Keep it civil, please." -- Matt Weiner, 6/7/05
Dan Greenstein
Yuna

Post by Dan Greenstein »

Have you considered splitting the field into two divisions of ten and then running 4 or 8-team single elim playoffs? You would only need one or two extra packets rather than five, and everyone still gets at least nine games.
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

I just sent a round.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I would like to sincerely thank everyone who has sent help over the past 12 hours. I've received offers of help from at least eight different sources and currently have at least 40 new packets sitting in my inbox. I fully intend upon completing any swaps that have either been started by myself or others once I receive questions from the vendor.

I would like to ask that everyone that sent me questions please consider submitting them to the question database if Matt still intends on creating that here. I realize that some are still "pristine-ish" enough that selling or trading them is worthwhile, but once you feel that you've realized the maximum value from them, give serious consideration to adding them to the database. Once created, this could be a tremendous resource to teams of both the TJs and the Pickens (a school from K-12 just starting out here in WV with a total of 20 students) of the world.

I'll answer the questions from earlier in the thread in the next half hour or so.

Edit:

The vendor is Bill Newsome, who works as The Question Connection. He actually contacted me earlier tonight to notify me that he would be able to provide five additional rounds. Of course, I've still yet to see a single question from him, which is not exactly comforting.

The reason I was needing so many questions was because I was planning on doing a 10-team elimination tournament, with byes for the top six seeds. I prefer getting as many teams in the playoffs as I can, so I'm seriously considering doing a playoff for all of the teams that we get. I suppose we'll see.