OQBA Spring Challenge III - Results

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jazzerpoet
Wakka

OQBA Spring Challenge III - Results

Post by jazzerpoet »

Greetings, everyone! I am sure that Eric Bell will post more thorough stats when he has the time, but until then, I will post some brief results.

Eighteen teams, plus one makeshift house team, attended the third annual Oklahoma Quiz Bowl Alliance Spring Challenge, held on the campus of the University of Tulsa on Saturday February 12th. All but one team (a two-man team from Rogers High School in Arkansas) were from Oklahoma.

There were six preliminary rounds, followed by a sixteen-team single elimination playoff bracket. The results are as follows:

Semi-Finals:
(1) Holland Hall A defeated (5) Bishop Kelley
(2) Edmond Homeschool Co-Op defeated (3) Edmond Santa Fe

Finals:
(1) Holland Hall A 415 defeated (2) Edmond Homeschool 165

I belive that ten of the nineteen teams qualified for the Small School Championship. Unless I am mistaken, Hilldale High School (Muskogee) won the Small School title based on the fact that they went further into the playoffs than any other Small School.

Congratulations to all the schools that competed, especially Holland Hall, who finally were able to get that monkey off their backs. It should be noted that Holland Hall has been the number one seed all three years of this tournament, but until this year, they had never made the finals; two semifinal upsets the last two years.

Lastly, I would like to thank both my teammates (TU Academic Bowl Team) and OSU's team for supplying moderators for the event. I will leave the rest of the important stuff to Eric Bell. Thanks.

Cheers!
Angelo Malabanan
President - TU Academic Bowl Team