New England 2014-2015

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Beevor Feevor
Rikku

Re: New England 2014-2015

Post by Beevor Feevor »

Shangdevin wrote: P.S. Shoutout to Mohen Malhotra for leaving us out of his predictions on the podcast
In the interest of defending everyone who's on that podcast who's not me, I will say that there were a lot of teams from each region that could not be mentioned because of the sheer number of regions that we had to cover, given the amount of people on that given podcast. Rest assured, we will do our best to mention every notable team in the nation before the end of the year.
Eric Xu
Western Albemarle '15
Virginia '19
Harvard '23
Lo, Marathon Ham!
Wakka

Post by Lo, Marathon Ham! »

Einhard wrote:
Shangdevin wrote: P.S. Shoutout to Mohen Malhotra for leaving us out of his predictions on the podcast
In the interest of defending everyone who's on that podcast who's not me, I will say that there were a lot of teams from each region that could not be mentioned because of the sheer number of regions that we had to cover, given the amount of people on that given podcast. Rest assured, we will do our best to mention every notable team in the nation before the end of the year.
Hi Devin,
I can understand if you are upset I did not mention your team in the podcast. There were certain teams I felt had been covered enough, mine included, and thus I felt it would be better to speak about other teams in the region like Bethlehem while also mentioning AMSA as a frontrunner for SSNCT as that competition is approaching. I did not mean to hurt any feelings while appearing on the podcast, I just wanted to provide more information on teams that are indeed also great teams who may not be known in other parts of the nation while only taking up a minimal amount of time as there was so much more to be covered in a podcast covering the going ons in the quiz bowl community around the nation. This was also my reasoning in covering Florida teams. If you'd like to discuss this further or give me any feedback, please feel free to contact me privately, instead of creating drama on the forums.
Mohan Malhotra
The Independence School '12
Charter School of Wilmington '16
New York University '20
Wilmington, DE/New York City, NY
Halved Xenon Stinging
Wakka

Post by Halved Xenon Stinging »

MoeMoney wrote:
Einhard wrote:
Hi Devin,
I can understand if you are upset I did not mention your team in the podcast. There were certain teams I felt had been covered enough, mine included, and thus I felt it would be better to speak about other teams in the region like Bethlehem while also mentioning AMSA as a frontrunner for SSNCT as that competition is approaching. I did not mean to hurt any feelings while appearing on the podcast, I just wanted to provide more information on teams that are indeed also great teams who may not be known in other parts of the nation while only taking up a minimal amount of time as there was so much more to be covered in a podcast covering the going ons in the quiz bowl community around the nation. This was also my reasoning in covering Florida teams. If you'd like to discuss this further or give me any feedback, please feel free to contact me privately, instead of creating drama on the forums.
Lol i was joking, sorry if you took this seriously.
Devin Shang
Lexington High School Co-Captain '16
Pomona '20
2016 National History Bee Runner-Up, 2016 National History Bowl Runner-Up
NAQT Writer
NHBB Writer
Harpie's Feather Duster
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Harpie's Feather Duster »

MoeMoney wrote:
Einhard wrote:
Hi Devin,
Regardless of any flamebaiting by Halved Xenon Stinging, please leave the moderating to the moderators.
Dylan Minarik

Hamburger University 'XX
Northwestern '17
Belvidere North High School '13

Member Emeritus, PACE

JRPG Champion, BACK TO BACK Robot Slayer
kcommo
Wakka

Post by kcommo »

Essex won the Vermont-NEA Scholars' Bowl championship today, so they will represent the league at HSNCT. This Essex team is pretty similar skill-wise to last year's that went 5-5 at nationals (better balanced but lacking the #1 player they had in Cole Blondin), so I expect they'll be in contention to make the playoffs again this year.

Essex and Burlington were the top teams pretty much all season up here. Burlington won five of eight head-to-head meetings, but Essex upped its game at the end of the season and scored narrow victories in the Vermont NAQT Championship and the Scholars' Bowl title games. They definitely earned their chance to compete on the national stage and I wish them all the best in Chicago.
Kevin Commo
Coach, Burlington (Vt.) HS
Tournament Director, Vermont-NEA Scholars' Bowl
Director of Staffing and Statistics, International Academic Competitions
bajaj
Lulu

Post by bajaj »

Good job to Lexington for beating 2 out of the top 4 teams at this year's HSNCT.
Ankush Bajaj
Hinsdale Central Class of 2016
IHSSBCA Steering Committee High School Liaison, 2015-2016
Brown University Class of 2020
President of Sunny Chen Fan Club
Halved Xenon Stinging
Wakka

Post by Halved Xenon Stinging »

bajaj wrote:Good job to Lexington for beating 2 out of the top 4 teams at this year's HSNCT.
Good job to ankush bajaj for being a god
Devin Shang
Lexington High School Co-Captain '16
Pomona '20
2016 National History Bee Runner-Up, 2016 National History Bowl Runner-Up
NAQT Writer
NHBB Writer