HFT XI Mirror @ Michigan State University (Hubble Memorial)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
ManlyHanley
Kimahri

HFT XI Mirror @ Michigan State University (Hubble Memorial)

Post by ManlyHanley »

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce that on November 20th, 2016 the Michigan State Academic Competition Club will be hosting the Edwin Hubble Memorial Tournament. This is place of the George Rogers Clark tournament originally scheduled for November 19th. The MSU Football schedule and the schedule of college tournaments this year has lead to us scheduling this tournament on a Sunday.

The initial field cap is 24 teams with the possibility of expansion. Initially we will limit the field to 2 teams per school, additional teams will be put on the wait list. On October 15th we will lift this restriction and start admitting teams from the wait list to fill the field.

This tournament will be a mirror of HFT XI 2016. The pricing will be as followed

$75 first team

$65 subsequent teams

-$20 for a new team (no team from your school has participated in a pyramidal tournament in the past 2 years)

-$10 Per working buzzer set

-$10 for driving over 100 miles one way as determined by Google Maps

-$10 for paying in cash (can be applied at the tournament)

The minimum fee per team is $30

If need arises a $20 discount will be given for an experienced moderator

Please register by emailing [email protected]

I do NOT check the forums often enough for it to be a viable way of contacting me.

Brian Hanley, Former MSU ACC President
Brian Hanley
MSU ACC/QB President
Michigan State University, 2017
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Re: HFT XI Mirror @ Michigan State University (Hubble Memori

Post by Ciorwrong »

Teams are alternatively free to email me or PM if they wish to register. We apologize for the new date but there is a football game on 11/19 that caused us to cancel the tournament we thought was going to be on that date.

EDIT 11/16/16: The field should be final at this point. Please email me ASAP if you need to drop. A schedule should be emailed later this week. I look forward to seeing teams compete this Sunday in East Lansing.

Field:

Schools Teams Buzzers

Holt HS 1 2
Divine Child 4 0
Plymoth 2 2
DCC 4 2
UofD Jesuit 2 0
Traverse City Central 2 2
Cranbrook 2 2
UAIS 1 2
Okemos 2 1
Marshal 1 1
Troy 2 1
Novi 1 0
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

The final logistics email and schedule went out. Please email us with your teams rosters if you haven't already.

Please show up at Berkey at 8:00 am this Sunday if you are registered. We are running 7 prelim games, then lunch. After that we will have 4 brackets of 6 teams determined from morning records where losses from the prelims will carry over. An advantaged final will be played if necessary.
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

Several people have asked about stats, so here they are. I apologize for not posting them as they happened. I read for this tournament and did not TD. We hope to see teams in East Lansing for Rube Goldberg after the holidays!
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired